Thirty

Naiinis na ibinato ni Ailee ang kanyang phone nang hindi sumasagot sa tawag si Vaughn. Kanina pa niya ito tinatawagan dahil gusto niyang makipagkita rito. She texted him first and got his reply.

Let's go out, please.

Vaughn:

Sorry, baby. I can't. I have meetings today. How about later night? :)

Sure. Will you be picking me up?

Matagala bago nakapagreply si Vaughn na nakatapos na siya ng isang movie ay hindi pa rin ito nagrereply hanggang sa nakatulog nalang siya. Pagkagising niya, una niyang tinignan ang phone niya at nakitang may reply na ito.

Vaughn:

Baby, I'm sorry. But we have to cancel for tonight. Mom asked me to come with them to dinner. I'll make up to you, I promise.

Nanlumo siya sa naging sagot nito. She was really excited that she would be seeing her boyfriend again but all of her excitement died down just because of his reply.

Now, she tried calling him but his phone just kept ringing. She groaned and buried her face on her pillow and screamed her frustrations.

Hindi lang isang beses nangyari yon. Napapansin ni Ailee na napapadalas ang pagtanggi o kaya'y pagcancel ni Vaughn sa mga dates nila. Ayaw naman niyang magdemand ng magdemand dito dahil alam niyang sobrang busy nito sa trabaho at training under sa Daddy nito. Pero hindi niya mapigilan ang magtampo sa boyfriend niya. Isang linggo nalang ay aalis na siya papuntang US. She wants to  spend her remaining days with her boyfriend but unfortunately, her boyfriend has no time for her.

She can taste the bitterness in her tone. Buong araw nasa condo unit niya lang siya at nakahiga lang. Kung hindi pa siguro siya niyaya nina Michelle lumabas, ay baka kahit ang pagkain ay katamaran niya.

"Ano ba yan Ailee, hindi ka naliligo?!" bulalas ni Michelle nang pagbuksan niya ito at si Elisha ng pinto.

"Tinatamad ako. Kakain lang naman tayo 'di ba?" tamad niyang sabi.

"Kahit na! Have you seen yourself in the mirror? C'mon, take a shower. We'll wait." utos sa kanya ni Elisha.

Wala siyang nagawa nang ipagtulakan na siya ni Michelle sa loob ng bathroom. Sandali lang siya naligo dahil malamig ang tubig at inaamin niyang gutom na siya.

Nagbihis lang siya ng isang white top and black shorts. She also wore her patched denim jacket because of the cold breeze outside.

She just tied her hair in a messy bun and applied a little powder and lip tint and she's ready to go.

Michelle brought them to her favorite Japanese restaurant. They were greeted by some staffs and led them to a table. They were given menus as they were settled on their seats.

At dahil treat ito ng kaibigan at saktong gutom siya, she ordered a platter of sushis and sashimis. She loves tempura so she got one as well. They also ordered ramen and some yakitori and teriyaki and of course, alcohol to make their dinner perfect.

While waiting for their food, they just talked random stuffs. Work, friends, future travels and gossips about anything. Good thing they didn't talk about their boyfriends. I think their relationships right now are all messy that they just didn't want to talk about it which is perfectly fine to her.

Hindi naman nagtagal ang hinintay nila at unti-unti ng dumadating ang mga order nila. She was in awe when she put a whole nigiri on her mouth. It melted on her tongue and it was so delicious that she just forgot all her problems in an instant. Remind her that she must thank Michelle for bringing her ass out here.