Thirty-one

Flashes of cameras, thousands of fans, and dozens of reporters welcomed Ailee as soon as she went out to the airport. She waved at the fans and signed some autographs. She was escorted by the guards to her car.

"Ailee, Ailee, ano ang nararamdaman mo ngayong nakabalik ka na ng Pilipinas?" one reporter asked her.

She walked slower so she can answer the question. "I'm happy to be back of course. I'm excited to see my supporters, my friends and my family. I'm happy to be back home." masayang saad niya.

"Any plans after your reign?" tanong ng isa pang reporter sa kabilang estasyon.

Umiling siya at ngumiti. "For now, wala pa. But I promise that everyone will know if there is."

Iyon lang at tuluyan na siyang nagpaalam at kumaway sa mga taong nagtiyagang maghintay sakanya kahit sandali lang siya nakita ng mga ito.

"We love you, Ailee!"

"You will always be our queen!"

She waved and gave them a flying kiss before getting inside her car. She's with her manager and they're heading straight home after a long flight from China.

"Hindi ka ba dadaan sa org?" tanong ng manager niya at ang naging trainer na rin niya.

"Bukas nalang. Mom's been bombarding me with her texts. You know how my Mom can be." sabi niya habang sinasagot ang isang text nito.

Tumawa naman ang manager niya. "I remember how Ma'am Adie disapproved two years ago about you competing."

Huminga siya ng malalim at inaalala nga iyon. Two years ago, right after their international shows of her play, her manager asked her to audition for Bb. Pilipinas which she gave a try without asking any permissions from her parents.

Obviously, she passed, got it, won the title of Bb. Pilipinas - Miss Universe. Her Mom was not against it, but she's not fully supportive as well either. Alam daw kasi nito na madedeprive siya sa mga bagay na nakasanayan niya which includes food, partying, booze and so much more. Discipline is the most important thing you have to learn to be at the top.

Her Lola from her father's side is very supportive though. Paano, dati rin itong title holder ng naturang pageant. She gave her tips and advices on how to survive the intense trainings, workshops and exercises she was bound to face. Nahirapan siya, oo, pero masaya naman siya.

Almost a year, she trained hard to compete for the Miss Universe title that was held in Indonesia that time. She made great friends and experienced a lot of new things. She won the title of being the most beautiful woman in the universe. After that, she lived in New York in one of the most expensive suites in one of the most expensive buildings there. She had a lot of interviews, photoshoots, adventures and charity works. Her advocacy was to stop abusement of women and children which many people agreed to her and helped her raise awareness of it.

It was been a wonderful year for her, she became a new woman, a woman with confidence, dignity, dreams and perseverance. She became a role model to others and she was happy to know that she can influence other people especially the youth.

She flew to different cities and countries to spread her advocacy and also to help other people. It was fun but the most important is that she felt fulfilled and happy.

One year of her reign is too short for her, but it's time to give this one time chance to another woman that she hopes sames the same passion and love for everyone. Last night, she passed the crown to Miss Haiti and the ceremony was held in China. And now, she's back to her homeland and realized how she missed being home.