Chapter 3~ To Save or to be Saved?

Dad approached us with concerned eyes as mom went beside Sandra to comfort her.

"do you even know what she's doing the whole time at school? She's denying the fact that Sam's her sister! She's embarrassed and lets everyone insult her and what's worse? She's also a part of it." Seth said and I tried stopping him from telling mom and dad but he didn't.

"what?! is that true Sandra? tell me. Is that true?" Dad spoke to her but she ran upstairs to her room. I ran after her to cheer her up and make sure she's fine.

"Go away!" She shouted as I grabbed her hand.

"Just please listen to me. I'm really sorry about all this." I said but she was still upset.

She removed her hand from my grip rather forcefully which twisted her ankle that made her fall on me. I hugged her tightly as we fell from the stairs and landed on the floor. I felt a warm liquid substance when we landed and smelled blood from somewhere. I opened my eyes only to see my sister on top of me. She wasn't hurt. Thank goodness. I was relieved but then, my vision was blurry and I can't hear a thing. What's happening?

I felt someone shaking me but after a few seconds, I lost consciousness.

--

*tooot toooot tooot toooot

I heard some beeping sound from behind me which triggered me to wake up. I wasn't sure how did I get here but I could feel a tight cloth wrapped around my head which wasn't the most comfortable thing in the world. I saw mom beside me, sleeping. I also saw dad on the chair at the side, sleeping as well. What time is it anyway?

"m-mom?" I whispered which woke her up. She saw me and smiled at me. I smiled back at her to let her know I'm fine.

"Sam! Sammy! Thank goodness you're alright! I was so worried!" She said as she hugged me tightly.

"what happened? Why am I here? How did I get here?" I asked her. She wiped away her tears as she explained everything to me.

"you lost a lot of blood and thankfully, you have the same blood type as Sandra. She donated a bag for you." mom said.

"Is she alright? I mean, we both fell and-" I started worrying but mom just smiled.

"She's fine. You were protecting her when you both fell." She explained and I was relieved by that.

"not even a scratch?" I asked her one time.

"not even the slightest bruise." She confirmed. I felt so relieved that she was safe. I hope she could visit me some time so I could thank her for the blood she donated.

*knock knock

"Come in." mom said as she went for the door.

"oh. that's nice of you to stop by." mom said as she went back for me.

"a friend of yours." She said. I looked at the door only to see Chrissy with a basket of fruits and flowers. That's really kind of her.

"Hi. I heard about your accident so I decided to stop by before going home. Here. I brought this for you." She said as she placed the basket on the round table beside dad, who's still sleeping.

"Thank you so much. I hope I didn't cause you that much trouble." I said as she sat beside me and held my hand.

"No silly. It's fine. I just want to know if you're okay or  not. We're friends right? Friends must always be there for each other." She said. I smiled at her as she peeled an apple for me.

"Hey mom, we bought some apples on the- SAM! You're awake! Thank goodness!" Seth said as he went closer to me not minding Chrissy's presence.

"uhhm. I'm sorry. I'm being rude. I'm-" He paused for a little while when Chrissy stood up and faced him. 

"I'm Chrissy. and I know you're Seth. We're classmates after all." Chrissy said as she held a hand out for Seth to shake. He was hesitant at first but when I elbowed him, he managed to accept the hand shake.

I was happily observing them getting to know each other, when I noticed.. Sandra's not here. It's already four, her classes must've ended.

"Where's Sandra?" I asked Seth.

"She's uhhm. Outside." Seth said, Why is she outside? I wanted to talk to her.

"Let her in please." I said as I smiled at Seth.

"Wait here." Seth said as he went outside. I heard their voices, debating over something but ended after a couple of minutes. I saw Sandra going in without looking at me.

"Hey. I just wanted to say thank you for donating your blood to me. I know it hurts when a needle enters your skin, but-" I was going to explain things to her but suddenly, she hugged me. I could feel her tears falling from my shoulders and her sobs were really loud.

"I'm really really sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." She said as I rubbed her back to comfort her.

"Don't worry. Falling on the stairs was nothing. As long as you're fine, I'm fine as well." I said. She broke the hug and looked at me with red eyes from all the crying. 

"not just that. I'm sorry for being a bitch to you. Sorry for being a spoiled brat who does nothing but to embarass you for my selfish desires. I don't want the heathersons to be my sisters. I only want you to be my sister. I'm really really sorry for all the trouble I caused you." She said as she cried harder. I hugged her again just to let her know that I forgive her no matter what mistake she did in the past.

"It's fine Sandra. I forgive you. Just remember that I'm always here to protect you okay? I'm your big sister and that what big sisters do." I said as she shook her head.

"Group hug!" Seth shouted as he hugged us as well. 

It's really nice to have loving siblings. They complete me. They make me happy.

But I hope I could get the hell out of this place, their food SUCKS!

Did that touched your heart as well? I hope it did! keep on reading guys! :)