Chapter 23~ Settlements

"Can we talk? Just the two of us?" I asked Brad when we finished the song.

"Sure." He said as emotionless. I lead him towards the bench that Elyar and I sat a while ago. I just want to get things straight so I could move on with my life and he can move on with his.

"So, what's with the sudden" wanna talk with me" act?" He asked me coldly. Now he's angry for being dragged here by me. He should be thankful atleast! I'm going to settle this once and for all. 

"Well first of all, don't give me that cold stare before I change my mind. Second.." I paused for a little while. I looked at the floor.

"I want to settle this once and for all." I said as I took a deep breath and exhaled it to calm myself down. I mentally counted 1..2..3.. and threw myself to him and hugged him tightly. I could hear him gasped as he slowly hugged me back. I don't want to see his expression, so I buried my face on his chest and mumbled the words I wanted to tell him. Elyar was right. It's about time to do the right thing.

"iforgiveyou." I mumbled while I was in his arms.

"Come again?" He asked and this time, I looked at him saying the same words slowly for him to hear.

"I said. I forgive you." I said. I can't believe forgiving the person you hated the most would be this heartwarming. I never knew what it feels like to forgive a long time enemy.

"Thank you." He said as tears suddenly fell from my eyes. I don't know how? I don't know why? I feel like, a thorn has been removed from my chest. It feels good. It feels great. I love being in his arms. I could feel his warmth. 

"I'm sorry as well. I was a bitch for saying those words to you. I'm really really sorry." I said not expecting him to forgive me that easily since I wasn't able to do the same for him.

"It's fine. I understand you. Let's just forget about the past and be friends. Is that okay?" He said.

"Okay. Let's be friends." I said. I was happy at the moment but somewhere deep inside, I feel.. Hurt. I feel like someone continuously stabbed my chest. What's happening to me? Is this even supposed to happen?

Admit it.. you don't want to be JUST friends with him.

A voice from the back of my mind told me which I totally disagree. What more can I give to him other than friendship?

L-O-V-E

RIDICULOUS! That's not it! I don't love him! Being friends with him is enough. I don't want to repeat the same mistake twice.

You could lie to anyone in the world, but you can't lie to YOURSELF.

UGGGH!!! I think I'm losing it! I think I need a psychologist.

"Well, I'm off tomorrow. Atleast I told you what needs to be done before I go." I said as I break the hug.

"I'm glad you finally forgave me. Thank you. Oh! and by the way..Since we're friends now, I might as well tell you that I'm going to america tomorrow. Some producer saw our covers and called us to take the auditions there. I just hope we could get in." He said.

"That's pretty awesome. Congratulations. Well, I just hope I could find your first album in a record store in Paris." I said and laughed with him, though deep inside.. I don't want him to leave. What the hell is going on with me?

"I think the Ceremony's about to end. Shall we go in?" He asked. I nodded and went inside with him.

I feel happy and free now that I have let go of the past and just left it there. I didn't know it would this overwhelming to forgive a person you hated the most. 

Hate. I'll never follow you again. but..

Why am I feeling like this? I hugged him and I didn't want to let go. He told me he's leaving, and I'm really happy for him, but it feels like I don't want him to. We walked side by side and I wanted to hold his hand. Why? Why do I feel this way? Can't say it's love because, I spent all my life hating him.

But the more you hate, The more you love.

Whatever! I just did what I have to do and it makes me happy. Period.

I know it's so short but I hope you still liked it. I think the next chapter will be the last so STAY TUNED!!!