Chapter 13~The Reunion

It was before sunrise when I decided to go for a run around the neighbourhood and greet some of them while I'm at it. Mom didn't change a thing in my room since the day I left this house. She kept it the way it was and maybe cleaned it once in a while. I miss this roo mso much, it gives me memories. When I aced the test, I would jump frantically on my bed, when I receive awards I would sing and record myself like I was some kind of performer, when we kiss I.... that's not a good memory. Speaking of singing, where are my videos when I was in high schoo?

"so you're an early bird huh?" I heard Chrissy's voice behind me which freak the hell out of me.

"you scared me! gosh!" I said as she laughed at me and sat beside me.

"wanna go for a run with me?" I asked her and she nodded. 

Since the day they met at the hospital, When I was brought there, they began hanging out. I thought they were friends at first but Seth told me he liked her very much but in Chrissy's eyes, he's just a friend, well that's according to Seth. He was a scaredy cat back then. He got so scared of rejection so they remained friends until college. When they graduated, Seth took the courage to go back here and confess to her. We really thought she's going to reject him but she told him that she felt the same way. She liked him the moment she entered the room when she transferred at our school back then. She was just too scared to tell him. They were together for three years and now, they're going to get married. I'm just happy for them. Seth has found the one while I'm still stuck in the single zone.

"So? any lucky guy in your life?" Chrissy asked while we did our warm up exercises.

"nope." I answered and she laughed.

"why? You're beautiful, successful and smart. you could have any guy that you want Sam." She said and this time I laughed.

"it's not that easy you know. " I answered as I waited for her to finish.

"how can you say it's not easy?" She asked once again.

"you see, I accept guys who truly accepts who I really am not for what I am. There was once a guy, hot and rich, who asked me for a date and ditched me after I told him I'm a waitress at some fancy restaurant. As soon as I was interviewed by Oprah, he called me to have dinner with him. See? you can't easily trust men these days Chrissy. well except for my brother." I said as we started jogging.

"you got a point there but I hope you find your Mr. right or maybe Mr. Right will find you." She said as she jogged ahead of me.

"hey wait up!" I shouted as I catch up with her.

After an hour and a half, we went back to the house only to see Seth waiting for us.

"finally! Let's eat breakfast after you shower." Seth told us as we went inside.

I came into my room and found a fancy looking envelop lying on my bed. I didn't saw this before we went out a while ago.

"Will you be my Maid-of-Honor?"

"Chrissy!!!!" I shouted as I ran towards her room. Good thing she was still there.

"you really mean this? You want me to be your maid of honor?" I asked her.

"Of course. you're my first friend in High school, why wouldn't I? So are you up for it?" She asked as I ran to her and hugged her so tight.. and icky.

"I'd love to! This is amazing! I want to design your wedding gown! If that's fine by you?" I asked.

"of course you can! I'd love that! but first we need to take a shower cause breakfast is ready." She said as I smell myself.