Chapter 4~ Acceptance

I was really happy that Sandra and I made up really fast after the accident. She's treating me like I'm the most precious sister in the world, like her only best friend. Her friends kept on bullying her, just like she told me, but she didn't mind them. She learned how to deal with bullies and even defended me when some girl tried to hit me. It feels good to have a sister that would risk her life to protect and defend you.

I came back to school the day after I got discharged at the hospital. I really missed home and mom's cooking. We stayed there for a whole week! People who are brought to the hospital are supposed to be healed in order to live but I feel like I'm at risk of dying because of their food.

I was able to catch up to the Lessons that I missed. I was shocked when Jennilyn gave me an extra copy of last week's lessons. She's not that bad after all. She really talks to people like me. People who are not that popular and awkward. Yes, she bullied me quite a lot in the past but maybe, just maybe, she got tired and changed. She even reminded me of the practice later. I'm so excited!

---

Later that afternoon..

To: Seth

Hey. Sorry to bother you but you can go home without me . I have to work on with a project. It's a group project so I'm not going to go home alone. Take care!

I pressed sent and went to the gym to see everyone dancing and partying at the gym. I can even smell Alcohol drinks and cigarette smoke.

"Sammy! Cute... PJs. Come on! Let's have some fun! The janitor just finished checking this gym and locked it himself!" Jennilyn enthusiastically said.

"but how-" I was going to ask them how are we supposed to go out, but they seem to know what was I going to ask.

"I'm the principal's daughter, remember? I have a duplicate of every key in this school. Want to make out with someone without getting caught? Come to me." Jasmine said as she pointed at a cubicle that's been shaking, like there's an earthquake. So that's where those weird noises came from.

"I don't do that." I said shyly but they just laughed at me.

"I saw you last week. When Brad and his bandmates sang in a classroom filled with girls that dreams to be with him." Jasmine said. I blushed like crazy when I first heard his name. Brad. Like Brad Pitt! That's so awesome!

"I saw your eyes sparkle when he started singing and strumming his guitar." Jennilyn said as they lead me to a seat in the middle.

"H-he's just talented. That's all." I said but they just laughed at me. Again.

"I know you like him and deep inside, I know you want to make out with him." Jennilyn said. My eyes widened and I can't speak. I don't want to go that far! That's just absurd! 

"I'll help you with that only if you help us with something." Jasmine said.

"Leave the make out thing and I'm fine just talking to him. so yeah." I answered as they looked at each other.

"There's a game tomorrow and I need you to wear this." She said as she pointed the tiger mascot that our school is well known for.

"is that cool?" They chorused as I nodded at them multiple times. This is my chance to talk to Brad!

"It's getting kind of late so I have to go home right now." I said as Jasmine passed me the duplicate key of the Gymnasium.

"Take care and don't forget to lock the door when you leave." She reminded and I nodded once again. 

Can't wait to talk to Brad after tomorrow! Maybe he'll even ask me out! I need to change. Some make up, lipstick and oooh! Mascara!

When I got home, I tried putting on some make up and and lipstick that will surely attract Brad when he sees me. I curled my hair, which is really the hardest part, and sprayed some hair spray to maintain its curls. Why do I have to be born a straight-haired brunette? I wanted to be curly blonde in the first place. And why am I flat? I want to have bulkier boobs. This doesn't make me attractive.

"Tissue! I need tissue papers!" I said to myself and filled up my bra with plenty of them which makes it look big. It suits me!

"honey? It's time fo- what are you doing?" Mom suddenly opened the door only to see me modeling and striking a pose to the mirror.

"oh. uhh hey mom. I'll be down in a minute." I told her and took the box of tissue paper on my bed.

"Sam. Look at what you are doing to yourself. Is it because of a boy?" Mom asked and man she knows everything!

"no! It's just, I'm not pretty enough. Even make up doesn't hide my pimples. I'm still a nerd because I can't see without my glasses." I said. She took a piece of tissue paper and wiped away the lipstick and some other make up on my face.

"there. You look prettier." She said and I was confused. How is this pretty? There's no make up? No everything.

"Everybody is amazing in their own simple way. You just have to keep on searching for that inside of you. and this? You don't need this." She said as she took the tissue papers from my bra.

"Now wash your face and come down before your brother sees you and laughs at you the whole night. Okay?" Mom said and went outside right after. I don't believe that. She's only telling me that because I'm her daughter. She doesn't want me to get hurt. She fills my ears with compliments that she knows, no one will ever say to me. I just hope Brad will see the good in me. I really hope he does.

TADAAAAAAAAAAA!So what do you guys think? I hope she'll find the amazing thing she has within her! :) Just keep reading guys! I'll update as soon as possible!