Chapter 13 - Will's Truth

Tessa
Cecily stormed back from Will, grabbed Tessa's wrist, and practically dragged her out of the library. "Cecily, please stop! I haven't checked out these books yet!" Tessa exclaimed. "We'll check them out tomorrow." Cecily huffed, continuing to drag her roommate to their dorm. When they got there, Tessa finally escaped her new friend's grasp.

"Okay, what's happening?" Tessa frantically asked. Cecily realized how confused Tessa might be and her face fell into a sorry expression. "I'm so sorry, it's just that my brother was being kind of stupid and I just kind of ish over reacted. My brother's really not a bad guy, you know. He's just stupid sometimes and doesn't think things through. He has good intentions." Cecily explained.

Tessa was surprised at the sudden mood change, but quickly shook it off. "That's okay, we've finished the homework we have together now, do you want to watch a movie?" Tessa asked. Cecily nodded and put 'Bring it On' into the DVD player. ( A.N. Bring it On is a cheerleader comedy and I love it)

About halfway through the movie, Tessa got an alert from her phone from Will.

Nerd_Ruler: Hey, what's up?

Ships-For-Days: Nothing much, watching a movie.

Nerd_Ruler: So you know how you're best friend no. 1, yeah?

Ships-For-Days: Yeah, you're best friend no. 1 too.

Nerd_Ruler: Yeah so I need to tell you something.

Ships-For-Days: What do you need to tell me?

Nerd_Ruler: Just that you're awesome.

Ships-For-Days: Lol, thanks. You're awesome, too!

Nerd_Ruler: Well I have to go, bye!

Ships-For-Days: Okay, bye.

That was weird... Tessa thought. She pushed the thought aside and kept watching the movie, and eventually Cecily fell asleep before the ending credits on the second movie. Tessa remembered the books that she forgot to check out and decided to go back to the library and decided midnight was the perfect time to go. After writing a not to Cecily saying 'I'm going to go checkout the books from the library. Be back soon.'

Then, she threw her bag of books over her shoulder and began to go downstairs towards the library. The hallways were extremely dark, and on the way there, Tessa may have accidentally ran into a table. She mumbled a quick sorry to the inanimate object, made sure she didn't break anything, and continued on her way down.

When she finally got to the library, she found that there was one computer that was still on. The tab it was on was a 'How to Come Out of the Closet' article and the other tab was Pandora. Tessa noticed that the earbuds were stills on the table, so she decided that someone may be there. This could potentially awkward, I should leave... But I also really want to know who it is.

Her thoughts were cut short when she heard a few books fall down. When she walked over, she saw William Herondale on the ground picking up books. "Oh so you're... is that what Cecily was mad about?" Tessa asked. Will looked up and made a strangled noise, then he cleared his throat and said, "I have no clue what you're talking about, I'm just here to find a good book, Tess."

Tessa helped put the last two books on the shelf, "I know you're lying," she stated, "You're eyes always go to a certain side when you're lying. You know, it's perfectly okay to be gay, I myself am pan."

Will shook his head and looked at Tessa, "I like girls." he said. Tessa shook her head in understanding and replied, "So you're bi, or maybe pan?"

He rolled his eyes, "Maybe a bit bi, but that doesn't matter at the moment. I was researching how to tell a friend something they might not like." Tessa's face lit up and in response she asked, "Would you let me help? I've been told I'm a great advice giver."