Chapter 14 - Will gets a kiss?

Will

Will woke up the next day to Jem shaking his shoulders violently. "William Owen Herondale! Where the hell where you all night, you actual idiot? And don't you dare tell me you were drinking because I can't smell an ounce of alcohol!" Jem exclaimed. 

Will groaned and turned to face his friend. "Jem, I was just at the library." Will sighed. Jem let go of Will, shaking his head in disapproval. "I should've known. You're going to kill yourself with lack of sleep, you know." Jem reprimanded. Will just looked over to his alarm clock, and saw that it was 7:30. He had slept longer than originally planned. 

Jem tossed him his school uniform and said, "I'm going down to go get food before it's all gone. I'll save you an apple if I can!" Will mumbled a quick thank you, while trudging to the bathroom to get changed. On his way, he got out his phone to check post notifications. When he saw Tessa's post, he noticed that somebody else had liked it first. 

Next, he checked Wattpad to see that Tessa had texted him.

Ships-For-Days: Good morning! I woke up to find that your streak was broken, so I decided to gloat. I win! 

It was sent half an hour ago, but Will decided to answer back anyways.

Nerd_Ruler: I guess that's what I get for sleeping.

When he didn't get an answer back, Will decided to just go ahead and get ready for school. Before he was fully ready, he heard a knock at his door. When he opened it, he saw a girl with her shirt buttoned so low, that she might as well have not been wearing it. "We have half an hour." she whispered, leaning what Will assumed was supposed to be seductively, against the door frame. 

Will shook his head no, and answered, "No, sorry. I decided to take a little break for a while, possibly longer. Now leave, I have to get ready... please." The girl rolled her eyes and took a step back. She laughed, "If I've ever known you at least a little bit, I know you won't be able to stay away for too long. And I won't be here when you come back."

The girl strutted off down the hallway, waving her hips as she went. Funnily enough, Will couldn't bring himself to remember her name. He knew she was one of the populars, but he didn't really care. He quickly went back to his room and tried to make himself look as good as possible.

I wonder what she's going to think, Will thought as he made his way downstairs. His mind was filled with self doubt, but he quickly tried to push it away. When he got to the cafeteria, he saw Jem sitting with Tessa, Cecily, Sophie, and Luna. There were only five minutes left until first period started, so they had begun to get up.

Before she left, Tessa grabbed her phone and smiled a little bit, at which Cecily rolled her eyes. Soon enough, he got a message from her as she slipped her phone away.

Ships-For-Days: Sleep is for the weak.

Will laughed a bit and replied.

Nerd_Ruler: Sleep is for the week.

Ships-For-Days: You know those Zodiac sign posts?

Nerd_Ruler: Yeah... 

Ships-For-Days: I found one like that, mine was sleep is for the weak.

Nerd_Ruler: I'm surprised someone as smart as you can function so well without sleep.

Ships-For-Days: Well, I did kind of fall asleep in a library last night. But my roommate came and got me after a while, so it was fine.

Will paused for a second before responding, and he noticed that she hadn't mentioned him. Should her press the matter? Or maybe that would make her suspicious. Will decided it would be best to just change the subject and wonder about it later.