Chapter 19 - Friends?

A.N. Here's a little reminder as to their schedule. I'm sorry for not updating. I'll try to get this finished by the time school starts for me. (P.S. It's Thursday in the story and there's a party at Gabriel's Friday)

William Herondale

Period 1: Science

Period 2: Business

Period 3: Creative Writing

Period 4: English Advanced

Lunch

Period 5: Physical Education

Period 6: History

Period 7: Math

Period 8: Debate I

Tessa Gray

Period 1: Math Advanced

Period 2: History Advanced

Period 3: Creative Writing

Period 4: English Advanced

Lunch

Period 5: Latin

Period 6: Science Advanced

Period 7: Piano IV

Period 8: Debate IV

Will

After texting Cecily, Will turned back to Jem and sighed, "I'm sorry for this, Jem." Jem cocked his head to the left, confused. "Why would you be sorry?" Jem asked, concern  lacing his voice. "For this drama. I've dragged you into the mess with Mortmain for a while and now Tessa, is there anything I can help you with?" Will answered. 

"You're my best friend, Will. I wouldn't want to not be a part of your life. Even if it is dramatic. If you must know, the biggest problem I have is a girl." Jem said, putting his head in his hands so that Will could not see his face. Will smiled widely and then smirked, "Who? Jemmy has a crush!" Will chanted.

"It's Luna, but I don't know." Jem confessed, laying down on his bed. Will went into full fanboy mode and started bouncing up and down on his bed. "Okay, could you do me a huge favor and let me set you up?" Will asked once he had calmed down.

Jem shook his head ' no' and said, "Listen Will, I just don't really want to risk the friendship. Let's just go to bed." Grudgingly, Will turned off the light and mumbled, "Good night, we can talk about it later." Jem chuckled a quick good night and they went to sleep.

The alarm went off at 6:00 that morning and Will got up slowly and rubbed his eyes. Jem was the one to hit the alarm to make is shut up. Will got dressed and took a few minutes to decompress. It was difficult for Will to believe that it was only Wednesday. He silently prayed that today would be quick and easy, hopefully with as little drama as possible. 

Then he thought of Tessa. He could admit that kissing her may not have been the best idea, it's just that he saw her. Listen idiot, she was trying to leave obviously. But did she kiss back? I don't even know. Shut up you need to get ready. Hopefully she'll talk to us. Us? I meant me. What if we text her? Yeah. Will thought.

Nerd_Ruler: Tess?

Will waited for approximately five or so minutes before putting his phone away. It was marked as read instantly, so he knew that she was ignoring him. He hoped that she would at least talk to him at school. By then Jem was ready as well, so they watched Psych together until around 7:30. By then, they were hungry so they decided to go down to get breakfast.