2

I took a shaky breath as my body shot awake. "Hey hey hey calm down. Your ok." A voice said and my body tensed as pain formed in my side. I groaned and a hand touched my forehead.

"He's got a fever. Probably from the concussion." A girls voice said.

"Alright thanks Sarah ill text you later about the homework." The voice from last night said.

"Ok keep ice on his side and make sure his head stays not bleeding." The girl said and a clicking noise sounded.

"Hey Allen can you hear me?" The voice said. "Try to open your eyes." I did what the voice said as best I could. Slowly my eyes opened and the bright light made me squint. I could see the ceiling somewhat. "Good. How many fingers am I holding up?" The voice said and he held up his hand in my face. I saw three fingers.

"Three." I said my voice scratchy. It made me cough and that made my body seize with pain. Especially my side. I grabbed my side which only made my back burn. It made me squirm.

"Stop stop. Don't move you'll hurt yourself." The voice said grabbing my arms and laying them back down. Now a body leaned over me and I swear to god I had a fucking heart attack.

"Regan?" I said not even holding back my surprise.

"What?" He said looking at me confused. Then his face filled with annoyance. "Your gonna act that way too?" He said sitting down in a chair by the couch.
Shit! I didn't mean it like that.

"I didn't mean it like that." I said my voice stuttering a little. "What time is it?" I asked and he looked away from me then spoke.

"8." He said and my eyes widened.

"Of the next day?" I said and he shook his head.

"Try third day." He said. What! I groaned loudly.

"Do you have a phone I can borrow?" I asked.

"Your mom knows I told her. She doesn't have money to take you to the hospital so I've just kept you here." He said. I couldn't help but feel surprised. Why would he do that? He got up and walked by me. He gently touched my shoulder. "Go back to sleep." He said then walked away.

I closed my eyes. I tried to think about all of this but I couldn't. My mind just blanked and slowly I fell back to sleep.

********

I slowly came back to consciousness. Cold air fell over my skin and my body shook. I slowly opened my eyes. I looked over into the rest of the room. I looked down at a pile of pillows then followed them with my eyes. A sleeping form laid next to the couch with a bunch of pillows and blankets. When I looked more closely I knew who it was.

His sister laid next to him and she curled into his arms. There was an alarm going off and I saw him slowly get up and I fake went back to sleep.

I couldn't help my teeth chatting and my body shaking either. "Dood Allen if you keep knocking the god damn blanket off your gonna fuckin freeze to death." Regan said his voice still waking up. Then I felt fabric slide over me. Slowly my teeth stopped chattering and my body began to relaxed.

Something touched my side and I groaned. Then something crawled on top of me and I tried hard not to hiss. I slowly opened my eyes and looked forward. A big blond patch of fur starred at me.

"Kilo what are you doing you stupid dog." Regan said and the dog moved farther away from my bad side and onto my other side. "She probably thinks I'm you." He said while grabbing her collar. He pulled a little but she just pressed farther into my bad side. I hissed.

"Ow ow just leave her. It's alright." I wheezed trying not to scream. He let go of her and she curled back up into my good side. "She helps with the cold anyway." I said and he nodded.