5

"Allen." Regan's voice gently said waking me up. I opened my eyes and looked up at him. His hand squeezed my shoulder. "Come on. It's time to go home." He said. I slowly leaned up. There was no longer an ice pack on my face and my nose still hurt like hell.

Regan handed me my coat and I slid it on. We walked to the front were Buba and Molly stood.

"Thank you boys for help." Buba said and we both nodded.
We walked to the door and Molly hugged Regan and waved at me. "Sorry bout the nose kid." Buba said and I waved him off.

"It's fine." I said and Regan looked at me but kept his mouth shut. They both looked at Regan surprised and he spoke.

"Well we're gonna go home now." Regan said and I nodded. We turned and they said bye which we returned. Then we walked in silence for a while. My body was freezing and I was clenching my jaw tight so my teeth wouldn't chatter.

Regan zipped his coat up and pulled his hood up. My coat didn't have a hood. "If we walk back you will have to walk almost another half a mile to get to your house so you just want to stay at mine?" He asked and I thought about it.

"Do you got a phone I can call, to ask my mother, with?" My teeth chattering as I spoke.

"Yes you can burrow it at the house. My mother keeps a phone there for emergency and other home phone stuff." He said and I nodded. I pulled my hands inside my coat and hugged myself. My teeth began to chatter even with my jaw clenched. Regan felt around his pockets then pulled something out. He unfolded it and pulled it over my head.

"What are you doing?" I asked and he smirked.

"Your teeth chattering and it's annoying so this might help." He said and pulled it down in the back. It was a beanie. I smiled.

"Thank you." I said and he shoved his hands back into his pockets. We walked on in silence again and my teeth did stop chattering. My nose still hurt but it wasn't horrible.

We walked on until we passed the store and continued. In about forty minutes we made it to his house. We took the stairs up and he opened the door quietly. We slid inside and I saw the pillows and blankets on the floor like a bed.

Regan whispered. "We had to move the couch downstairs cause my mom and dad are assholes so is it cool if you take the floor too?" I nodded.

"Ya that's fine." I said quietly. I took my coat and shoes off by the door along with the hat and he did the same. There was a small bark and I jumped.

God I'm am such a fuckin pussy.

The dog rubbed up against me then ran to Regan. She jumped up and he caught her despite her size. "I swear she thinks she a fuckin lap dog." He said and I laughed. He took her to the blankets. He sat down and she sprawled out next to him. "My sister will come up here in a second so your gonna have to sleep on the outside like I do cause of those two." He said and my brow furrowed.

"Two?" I said and he nodded.

"Kilo sleeps with me too." He said and I laughed again. I walked over to the edge of the blankets and laid down on my side. I propped my head up with my hand and elbow then began petting Kilo.

"She usually doesn't like people who touch her but she likes you." He said and I smiled.

"Why?" I said and he shrugged.

"I don't know she doesn't even like when Caddy touch's her." He said and I nodded.

"Your good to her you know? Caddy." I said and he smiled.

"She's got no one to be there for her." He said.

"Well you are and I think your doing a pretty damn good job of it." I said a I think I saw blush form on his cheeks but I didn't say anything. I closed my eyes as I ran my fingers through Kilo's fur. "I wish I would have had someone to do that for me." I said with a sigh. I opened my eyes again but my breath caught in my throat. Regan was a lot closer this time and his face was probably only 4 or so inches from mine.