13

I ran for my life as Regan tried to grab me. I was taking it slow because my ribs were hurting me cause we've been running for a good 4 minutes. I took off towards a fallen tree that lead into the brush and the moment  I was close enough I placed my hand on it. I lifted myself over it with a jump and kept running.

Then suddenly Buba jumped out of no where and I barrel rolled under his legs but before I could make it arms wrapped around my waist and drug me back.

"No Regan let go please!" I yelled and he giggled but this was not funny at all. I felt sand hit my feet so I knew that we were back and only had a little land left before we hit the water. "Regan! Please babe I'm begging you." I said fear evident in my voice. I tried and tried to pry his hands off but he wouldn't budge. "I'm gonna have a panic attack Regan." I said and he laughed.

"Come on Allen swimming isn't that bad." He said pulling me further.

"It does when your past has something to do with it." I said frantically and his hold dropped instantly. I took this time to rip his hands away and take off back towards my mother who was currently putting sunscreen on. When I made it to her I dropped onto the towel I had previously set here before I was rudely chased. I took a deep breath trying to calm my rapid breathing and heartbeat.

"Al what's wrong?" My mother asked grabbing my arms.

"They.. He.. I" I had to catch my breath because I started laughing at her face. She was so caught up with me that she had sun screen outlining her eyes nose and mouth in big clumps.

"Al why did you run from Regan and Buba?" She asked and I slowly stopped laughing. Then my smile faltered and I crossed my arms over my knees as I watch Buba throw Regan over his shoulder and into a huge wave.

"He tried to take me into the water with him." I said quietly and I saw her stiffen.

"Well Al just remember that if you both love each other then you need to trust that he'll keep you safe." She said and I looked at her confused.

"I ..I... can't mom. You know that if I do I'll probably have a panic attack." I said.

"How bout you think about it?" She said and I nodded. "I'm gonna go down I love you." She said and I smiled at her with a nod.  She jumped into the water with them and I saw Regan's mouth say the word shit and she slapped him up side the head. They spoke and he looked over at me then back at her. Oh God I hope she isn't saying anything to him about me!

I sighed and leaned back on the towel. I don't burn nor tan so I just laid there. After a while they all came back and over to our spot. 

"Al we are gonna go get some snacks wanna come?" Liz asked as Kilo laid her wet head on my lap.

"Nah you guys go." I said and they smiled then left. I looked down at Kilo and put her cheeks in the palms of my hands. She looked up at me with a whine. "Why does life have to be complicated?" I asked her and she whined then licked my hand.

"Because life sucks balls." Regan's voice said and I jumped. I looked at him and was surprised to see him sitting a few feet away from me. I smiled slightly and ran my fingers back through Kilo's fur. "I'm sorry Allen for doing that to you earlier." He said and I shook my head.

"It's ok I forgive you." I said and he smiled. Relief washed over his face.

"Will you come and put your feet in the water?" He asked and I instantly shook my head.

"Hell no that shit will run me over do you see how fast it's coming in." I said pointing to it as a wave crashed up onto the sand.

"Do you trust me Allen?" He asked and I wasn't shocked by it cause I knew my mom probably said something to him.