10

Regan's POV

I quickly walked to Allen's house. All i could think about was him all day. When I got there I saw his sister at the counter.

"Where's Allen?" I asked. She was surprised by my question and I saw a tear slip down her cheek. Fear pooled inside me.

"H..he's at the hospital with minor injuries and a major panic attack." She said and I sucked in a tight breath. Before she could say anything more I threw my bag on the couch and took off out the door. I took off towards the hospital. Eventually I couldn't run anymore so I quickly ran to a bus that was luckily loading with people and got off at the closest stop to the hospital. My heart was pounding and not only was I worried but I was pissed. Who ever did this was gonna die. I finally made it to the hospital and quickly went to the reception desk.

"Legar?" I said and she pointed to the I.C.U. I quickly went down the hall and to the next Reception desk. I said the last name and waited impatiently.

"Room 23." She said. "But sir unless the mother gives you permission you may not go in." She said and I nodded. I ran down the hall still catching my breath. I quickly found room 23 and knocked.

The door opened and I saw his mothers tearstained face as she looked out the crack of the door. Her face changed into an emotion I couldn't decipher. She stepped outside and closed the door. I was still trying to catch my breath as I spoke.

"What happened? Is he gonna be alright?" I asked and she rang her fingers together.

"I have to ask you a question first." She said making me confused. "Has Al ever spoken to you about the past? Or have you ever spoken to him about something that made him remember it?" She asked.

"No not that I know of." I said thinking of everything to day.

"Ok did you talk to him at all and he show symptoms of rapid breathing out of no where shaking? Possibly crying?" She said and I nodded. A tear slipped down her cheek. "It was a panic attack. He has small meaningless ones just before he has a serious one." She said making me even more confused. "When I had him his father became abusive. He would hit all of us." She said.

"But his sister is younger than him. Do you mean he hit him as a baby?" I said completely surprised.

"Al had a brother. He was older than him by a good eight years. They were inseparable." She said. Another tear slipping down her cheek. "He was in prison for attempted murder of their father. But he was murdered in a gang fight. Their father was put in prison after I had Liz. He tried to rape her but Al fought with him until his sister called the police. Al was almost killed. His father was sent to prison for four years due to attempted rape. He would have had six had Al not tried to kill him." She said and sadness balled in the pit of my stomach. "It was hard on the both of them but Al had gotten it the worst so his mind needed a way to vent. So he would have out of control panic attacks. He hadn't had a panic attack for two years now. At first I thought it was because he heard me on the phone with my layer about his father but there was no way because he was staying at your place. I know if his sister heard she wouldn't have said anything. That's why I asked if you had said anything to him that would make him think of it." She said and I thought about it again.

"Maybe I'm not quite sure though. We were at my house and some guys there started chasing us out and we ran though the alley to hide. I hadn't realized that Allen was so athletic. He's not like that at school and he tells me to be myself at school from now on but the moment I said that to him he got p... Ticked off. He told me if he was the way he used to be then he wouldn't be around long enough for me to get to know him." I said and she nodded her face filled with sadness.