27

Regan's POV

Three months!

That's how long its been since I've seen him. Since I left him. This was my fault had I not taken him out on that date and left him there. I'm such a fuckin idiot I cant even fathom what is happening to him. Some times when I finally got sleep I would dream about them hitting him and the worst ones I would dream about was the women, the guy who witnessed them leaving with, having sex with him and he would enjoy it. I know it was sick but I was going crazy.

My leg is a lot better and we have began to get leads on where to find them. Our investigator is actually very open to sharing the information with me even though she isn't supposed to but I guess she understands that I love him. So I've been helping her as best I could along with his mother.

"Your actually really good at this have you ever thought about going to college to be an investigator?" She asked me and I shook my head.

"I cant even think about that right now." I said looking at the board of evidence we had. "So the last known area was here that his father was spotted?" I asked and she nodded.

"But it's a big area." She said and I nodded.

"With a lot of broken down buildings and disserted ones." I said and she nodded again. I looked at it more closely. "What's this?" I asked pointing to it.

"That is a motel that is open and running but people don't usually come there." She said and I nodded.

"That's where they are." I said and she looked at me doubtfully.

"Why do you say that?"

"Because it's not disserted but has no people. He thinks that you the police will suspect that this was to easy a hideout so you would move on to something more inconspicuous. So he is hiding there thinking that you wont look but we actually know that he is there because he played the wrong card." I said and her eyes widened.

"Now that I look at it we have checked out most of the abandoned houses and warehouses but found nothing. It makes sense." She said and I nodded. She grabbed her coat and I followed her out. "You call his mother I'm gonna go check it out." She said and began to close the door but I caught it.

"I'm coming with you." I said but she shook her head and began to protest.

"I..."

"Don't argue with me I'm coming and that's final." I said and she sighed. "If I get fired it's on you." She said and I smiled slightly.

"I'll just get a job as an investigator and ask to hire you as my partner." I said and she chuckled. I quickly got into the car and we began our descent. Hang in there Allen. I'll be there as soon as I can. I'm gonna keep my promise just hold on a little longer.