34

I held Regan's hand as he lay sound asleep in the hospital bed under anaesthesia. It should be wearing off soon. The doctor said he was stable and I couldnt be more greatful.

My fagher was dead. Gone finally. He was gone and it was such a coincidence because we were about to start a new year. This would be a year without problems. This could be what Regan and I wanted.

He stirred a little and I smiled as his hand squeezed mine tighter. Gram took a deep breath while snuggling farther into the crease of Regan's neck.

"Is he waking up?" Molly asked and I smiled.

"Ya he's getting there." I said and everybody's face lit up. By everybody I meant Buba, Caddy, Molly, Liz, and my mom. We waited for his eyes to open before Molly burst into relieved tears and Buba hugged her.

I kissed his knuckles and a small smile graced his lips. I smiled and leaned my forehead on our hands.

******

"Ok so your gonna spend New Years with us in the hospital? All of you?" Regan asked as he scratched Gram's ears while leaning his back against my chest.

"Yes Regan. We are staying because we are spending a holiday with our family." Molly said and I smiled. It is now New Years Day and we were still in the hospital but Regan was acting normal despite the occasional pain from the knife wound.

Gram sat watching the parade at the end of the bed. I swear this dog didnt act like a dog at all. She acted more like an annoying best friend. But they say a dog is a mans best friend so I guess it makes sense.

When the time came for the clock to strike twelve Buba brought wine even though none of us drank it, just so he could let it explode. We all sat and waited until the ball slowly hit the top off the bar. The funny part about it was that some of the doctors in the halway came in to watch it with us. It was even more Ironic when my doctor who had been there almost everytime I was in here was Regan's doctor as well. Him and Nurse Carry was also in here and they didnt seem tp care that Buba eploded the bottle when the buzzer went off and the ball dropped. We all cheered and Buba kissed Molly.

"Happy New Years Baby." Regan said and I smiled. I cupped his cheek in my hand then kissed him. This was the first time anyone seen us kiss each other but no one seemed to mind as they ran out into the hallway with people cheering as well. I pulled away and kissed our intertwined fingers.

Gram crawled up and growled while dropping her head on Regans chest. We chuckled as she rolled over and fell off while landing in between his arm and side. Then she licked his arm making us laugh again. My arm was wrapped around his shoulders so when I pulled his head to my lips I was able to wrap my arm all way around to hug him. 

"I love you." I murmured into his hair while kissing his head again.
"I love you more." He said and I chuckled.