31

"I dont even understand why your mad at me." I said holding back as much anger as I could.

"I'm not mad at you Allen im just annoyed." He said wiping a hand down his face.

"Oh so your annoyed with me because I'm afraid." I said while scoffing. Its been about a week and my hip has been getting alot better. Regan has been a great help and I love him for it but now I think everything is getting to him too.

Now he is trying his hardest not to blow up on me. But what he doesnt realize is that im trying not to as well.

I saw his jaw tense so I knew it was time to just walk away before either of us said something we dont mean.

"Look I get it your annoyed with me because of the situation or whatever but it pisses me off just as much as it pisses you off. So before I get mad at you or you get any more mad at me im gonna go calm down. We can talk about it when we both decide to calm down." I said then walked away. I didnt give him time to speak I didnt want to hear it. I didnt storm off or throw a bitch fit I just calmly walked away.

****
I was sitting out on the deck. I couldnt sleep because Regan and I were still keeping to ourselves.  I was sitting against the fence in front of the table and chairs. So if someone came out they wouldn't see me unless they came close enough to.

"No Molly you know I love him." Regan's voice said as the sliding door slid open.

"I know you do Regan but how would you like it if you were kidnapped and beaten. When ever you touch or try to kiss him he sees his kidnapper's faces." She said and I hid father behind the table.

"I know but it makes me feel like he's telling me he doesnt want me to do it. It makes me feel like he doesnt want to love me. I know im being dramatic but I'm scared just as much as he is Molly and I dont know what to do anymore." He said his voice cracking and holding back tears.

"Oh Regan dont cry. You know he loves you of course he wants to love you but being forced to do something like that tricks someones mind. If he loves you and he does than I know he's trying. Just...."

"Mowwy. Mowwy come back and pway ta game." Caddy yelled as she ran to the sliding door. Molly sighed.

The door closed and I heard a sigh.  I knew it was Regan. "Fuck me. Why cant Allen and I have a normal life?" He said talking to no one. I sighed quietly. "Now I've pissed him off and I feel even worse about it. But I can't do it any more I just cant deal with him feeling like th..." His voice broke at the end and I heard him slide down the side of the fencing. He began to cry and my heart shattered. This is the first time I've seen Regan brake down like this. This is the first time ive seen him this vulnerable.  There was the time at the hospital but he didn't really, really cry. There was also Kilo but still it wasnt nearly this bad.

I slid out from behind the table and slid over to him. "Shush Regan.  Im sorry baby please dont cry." I said pulling him to me.

"I cant Allen. Why cant we just have a normal life? Why cant we be cut some slack for once to be happy?" He sobbed and my eyes filled with tears.

"I dont know Regan. I dont know." I said and tears slipped from my eyes. I held him tighter as he wrapped his arms around my stomach. I fought the urge to pull away. I slid over so I was leaned agaisnt the fence so his back was across my knees.

This was the longest we held each other. The longer he held me the more I felt comfortable and didnt want to pull away. I missed being held by him. We held each other until the sun rose and he fell asleep. I looked down at him in my arms. I brushed his cheek with my thumb while wiping away a tear that was still there.

I didn't want to wake him and I couldnt lift him so I just sat there. Then I fell asleep as well.

*****
My eyes shot open as a hand slapped my face. I quickly looked around the room and sighed. Regans arms where wrapped around me and my face was buried in his chest. My hands shook and I breathed heavily from the shocking nightmare.

I sighed at the feeling and buried my head farther into him as a cold breeze wafed into the room. I couldnt believe that I was actually in his arms again and not being afraid by it. Usually I would jump out of bed when I felt his arms around me or push them away whenever a nightmare would snap me awake.

But instead I curled up even closer to him and his arms tightened around me so I knew he was awake. I noticed that I was now in the room which meant he woke up and carried me.

My hand tingled annoyingly and I sighed. I rolled over and pulled the blanket over me. His hand hesitated on my waist so I grabbed it and wrapped it around me while leaning back into him.

He chuckled. "Some ones bossy this morning." He said his voice sounding like he'd been awake for a while.

"Shut up and go to sleep." I groaned and he chuckled again. He buried his face in the back of my hair and I sighed. Then slowly began to fall back to sleep.