OBSESSION II - A changing world

Copyright © 2010 Alexandra-Patricia Pusca

ID 8748612

Lulu publishing

OBSESSION II

A changing world

The next morning I woke up pretty late. My clock on the wall indicated fifteen minutes past twelve. But I didn't care. The last night's events still lingered in my mind making me feel so happy.

It was a warm sunny day. The rays of the sun slowly made their way through the big window of my room, hypnotizing me with their beauty.

The golden light gave my human eyes the possibility to see the small insignificant dust particles which danced in the thick air of the room so all my entire mind registered in the next few minutes only this precious dance of joy.

Their mesmerizing movements were the same with the frenetic beats of my heart and... for the first time in many years... I felt safe and happy.

I had a loving family, a home and now my childhood dream suddenly became a reality. It was more than I could ask for.

That was something that I had to be grateful to God for giving me so much when there are a lot of humans who suffer around the world, being born, living and dying in suffering. There is too much suffering, illness, hate and pain all around the world.

A soft knock on the door suddenly startled me.

"Come in!" I said with a husky voice.

"Good morning beautiful!" Matthew said smiling while making his way towards me and kissing me on the side of my head.

"Hi!" I answered, a wide smile spreading on my lips.

"How was your sleep? If you had slept more I would have had to wake you up for dinner," he stated jokingly.

"Yeah, I guess I was just tired."

"How are you feeling now that your dream became a fact?" he asked, analyzing me.

"I don't really know. Everything happened so fast, but, I guess I'm happy. I did what I wanted to do, what I like the most in this life and I'm happy. I have to thank you for this, Matthew. Without you, this would be just a dream," I said, leaning towards my brother and kissing his left cheek.

He just smiled and pulled me in another one of his already famous bear hugs, making me lose my breath again.

"Matthew, I can't breathe!"

"Sorry!" he said, letting me go smiling.

"Where are the others?" I asked later when we finally got downstairs in the living room.

"Well, dad had something to solve, a contract or something like that. You know I don't like what he does anyway. Mom got to one of her friends house. Brian got out with his new girlfriend, you know how he is, and our dear siblings left early in the morning towards Buzău, so you just missed them," he said smiling again.

"Yeah, I guess that's typical for them!" I said, rolling my eyes, which made Matthew laugh even harder.

"Come on! What do you want to eat?" he asked, looking in the fridge.

"Why do you have to always treat me like a child?" I asked pouting as a baby.

"Stop pouting like a child then and tell me what you want to eat," he said laughing again.

"Pancakes" I ordered looking towards Matthew with puppy dog eyes.

"As you wish beautiful young lady, your wish is my command!" he said bowing a little, making me laugh so hard that I couldn't keep the tears from rolling down on my cheeks. I was holding my belly with my hands from the laugh when my cell phone rang.