OBSESSION XII - Running away

OBSESSION XII

Running away

Anna stayed in the door frame, looking with wide eyes in my direction.

"Emma, are you ok? How are you feeling?" she asked with a worried voice while walking in my direction.

"Fine, I guess," I answered, feeling a little angry because she was the one responsible for my change and, even if I could understand the fact that I was still alive thanks to her, I couldn't still accept it.

"You scared us! What were you doing in the middle of the night outside the hotel?" she asked me, probably referring to the night of the car accident.

"Visiting," I whispered, my voice cracking in the process. She looked concerned towards Shaan as if she wanted to find out if he told me the truth.

"She already knows about us," he quietly informed her.

"Then I should bring it," she confidently stated.

"No, Anna, she's not ready for that," Shaan quickly replied to her unspoken words.

"She's transitioning..." she commented still trying to convince her brother about something else while she was still looking in his eyes.

"Bring what?" I asked confused.

"Aren't you thirsty?" Anna asked me whispering.

"What?" I asked confused. Soon after hearing her question I understood what she meant. My eyes widen in surprise as I realized that she was talking about blood. My breath accelerated and my heart beats increased their speed only at the thought that I could actually drink it.

"No. I am not drinking it!" I said with anger while raising my voice.

Shaan looked towards his sister reprimanding her.

"Emma, you have to drink it," Anna calmly informed me, with a soothing voice as if she was talking with a child.

"I don't want to," I replied stubbornly.

"Would you like an orange juice?" Shaan suddenly asked me, smiling, completely distracting my attention from the pending conversation between me and his sister.

His sudden question confused me a little, but I nodded. I was kind of thirsty.

Anna kept looking towards her brother with a shocked expression on her face that I couldn't understand. She seemed surprised by the fact that her brother offered me an orange juice.

Shaan smiled a little as if he knew something that we didn't and left towards the kitchen. After a couple of seconds he was already back, bringing me a glass of orange juice.

I analyzed it with narrowed eyes.

"I hope you didn't put anything else inside!" I warned.

He just rolled his eyes, answering with an evasive "nope", before giving me the glass.

I took the glass of juice and slowly drank a little. But, as soon as the liquid touched my throat, it seems as if it was on fire. The burn was unbelievable and I couldn't help but hand him back the glass. My hands instinctively wrapped around my neck in a futile attempt to stop the burning sensation.

"What kind of juice is this? It's horrible!" I stated, looking in Shaan's direction.

"I know it hurts you, but believe me, it's just orange juice. Right now your body needs... something else. In time you will be able to drink other liquids as well," he reassured me confidently as if he already has proved his point.