OBSESSION XXIX

OBSESSION XXIX

"Could you let go of me?" I asked still struggling to release myself from Peter's arms. He was beginning to scare me with his stupid attitude and I didn't want to be near of him any longer. I couldn't bare the thought of another man touching my body like that. My skin, my heart and my entire body craved only Shaan's touch: nobody else's.

He seemed to ignore my request as he held me close to his body, making Shaan to react through our blood connection. I could feel his anger as the unknown guy kept holding me in his arms against my will.

"Could you let go of the young lady?" said Simon all of a sudden taking me by surprise.

Peter's eyes widen a little in surprise as soon as Simon's words got to his ears, forcing an evil smile to spread on his lips.

"Of course!" he said smirking, while his arms released me completely.

"Thank you Simon!" I said after Peter left the room leaving me alone with our family's old butler.

He just nodded towards me, bowing a little in a respectful way.

"Simon, please, could we go out for a ride? I can't stay in this house any longer" I said with a pleading face.

"As you wish my lady!" he answered with a calm tone of voice, his face betraying no emotion.

Before I left the house I turned around to look behind me once more, knowing that I will never see my family again. They were dead for me, just like my previous human life which I had to forget once I joined Shaan again.

Slowly I stepped outside the house, admiring the mesmerizing beauty of the night. The sky was a little clouded as if a storm was about to come, but, even so its beauty still managed to take away my breath. I quickly stepped inside the carriage, wanting, no, needing to get away from this place as soon as possible. I was beginning to miss my love more than I believed it possible.

"Where do you want to go?" Simon asked me looking with sad eyes towards me.

"Outside the town!" I ordered, desperately wanting to get to Shaan's side as soon as possible.

"But it's dangerous to go in the forest during the night..." he tried to resonate with me, even if I didn't have the patience to wait not even a second longer.

"No, it's not dangerous. I know what I'm talking. Just go, now!" I ordered again knowing that Shaan will be in the forest near the border of the town, probably waiting for me just like I told him to.

The carriage moved towards the thickness of the forest, leaving behind the house which held my childhood's memories.

I felt a little cold because I was wearing just a dress; its silky touch was slowly caressing my skin, sending a cold sensation on my bare soft skin. My hair was combed into a bun, a few strands of curly hair lightly touching my bare shoulders.

Looking outside the carriage I was into, all I could see was the beautiful blue sky and the stars above the forest. I felt so sad... I was alone in a world full of selfishness and hypocrisy, a world so different from what I really wanted to experiment.

It was a really silent night trapped in stillness. Everything was covered in darkness and silence. Only my heart seemed to violently hit my rib cage in a futile attempt to escape the prison it was into. I felt suffocated by the strong grasp of a cold imaginary hand tightly squeezing my weak heart. It was exactly that sensation which you have before something bad is going to happen. I told Simon to stop the carriage, without giving attention to his warnings that it wasn't safe to stop there in the middle of the forest, especially during the night.