OBSESSION III - A new beginning

Copyright © 2010 Alexandra-Patricia Pusca 

ID 8748612 

Lulu publishing

OBSESSION III

A new beginning

I quickly got inside the airplane, a shiny Boeing 737, looking for my seat number. At least the flight will calm me down, even if something about this trip seemed suspiciously wrong, like something bad was going to happen.

Stop it Emma! What is wrong with you? A little change won't harm you. I told myself.

It probably was just my imagination, so I decided to stop being so overdramatic. As I pushed away the negative thoughts I quickly found myself looking outside the window. I specifically asked in the airport for a seat beside the window, because I simply love to watch the outside view. I always loved the freedom that you feel whenever the airplane takes off, leaving you a strange, but pleasant sensation in your stomach, the houses and flat buildings from the ground becoming smaller and smaller with every second in which the airplane goes higher in the sky, until you can't see anything anymore. If someone would ask me to describe what "freedom" means I would surely describe it this way.

The airplane was ready to take off and one of the flight attendants specifically told me to put my seat belt on. That kind of request annoyed me, since I don't like to do what I'm told, but what can you do, when you have to well you simply have to.

The airplane took off a few minutes later, and even if the light above my head was still red, I looked around, making sure that nobody saw me and quickly unfasten my seat belt. I always hated that damn thing. As I looked around, scanning the other passengers, I could see on the front row at the business class a mother with a little girl. The little one was so sweet... She had a cute ponytail of blonde curly hair and her eyes were as blue as the ocean. Looking towards her I found myself wondering if mom looked like that when she was just a child. I couldn't see the outfit of the little girl, but I suppose she was wearing pink. That seems to be the favorite color of every little girl. Even if I don't like children very much, because they are just too noisy, this one kept my attention for the next half an hour.

As soon as the little girl fell asleep, I got bored and began to analyze with my peripheral vision the other passengers, but none of them caught my attention, until I finally looked towards the other side of the plane and I instantly forgot how to breathe.

A few seats away from me stood one of the most unbelievable guys I've ever seen in my entire life.

He had dark brown messy hair which powerfully contrasted with his creamy skin. His high cheek bones and his masculine features made him even more appealing. His lips were a soft light pink color and the most unbelievable thing about him were his dark blue eyes. Their color was simply addictive. I couldn't stop looking in his direction. He caught me starring and starred back, his eyes hypnotizing me, making me forget everything while losing myself into their deepness.

His stare was so intense and addictive that I simply couldn't take my eyes away from him. But what amazed me the most was the fact that his face seemed to betray an ancient pain and suffering. My heart skipped a beat as I felt myself drawn towards this mysterious and beautiful young man in front of me. All I wanted to do in that moment was to go to him and slowly put my hand on his cheek, caressing his perfect marble like skin.

"Excuse me! Miss?" suddenly someone said and I felt a lot of pairs of eyes looking towards me.

"Yes?" I quietly answered breaking the connection between my eyes and his, looking towards the flight attendant.