OBSESSION XXXVI

OBSESSION XXXVI

After a dreamless night, without knowing for how long I was unconscious, I woke up from my heavy sleep, trying to remember why I was feeling so confused and why did my body hurt so badly.

Thinking about what happened, the events of the previous night quickly came back into my mind, reverberating through my entire being, filling me with warmth and love as I remembered mine’s and Shaan’s date, the way we danced, the way he kissed me and how he even asked me to be his wife, and in the same time filling me with suffering and hate as soon as I remembered the horrible fear of dying and the pain which my body suffered as a result of the car accident and because of Shaan’s incredible power.

Being a vampire should have some advantages… And, if I were to believe the words written in books, I should be almost invincible and yet every bone and muscle in my body ached as I struggled to move.

One myth down… Even for a vampire, a damn car accident still hurt like hell. I guess that I should be happy that at least I was alive, yet I whished I didn’t considering the pain I went through.

My eyes opened with great difficulty, my eyelids hurting me as well as the rest of my body. After a few long seconds of trying to adjust to the darkness of the room, I felt the presence of another person beside me.

Something was tightly squeezing my hand, giving me comfort on one hand, but startling me on the other hand because I didn’t know who it belonged to.

“Emma? Can you hear me?” Shaan’s desperate voice suddenly asked, its melting chocolate tonality making me calm down a little.

But, even if his voice was husky and pleading, nothing could have prepared me for what I was about to see when my head turned towards Shaan’s direction. He was pale, much too pale even for a vampire, his angelic blue eyes were a deep dark blue, with black ink inside of them, scaring me once more as I remembered the blackness of his beautiful orbs when he attacked the strangers and his pink kissable lips were cracked.

But what scared me more than anything were the bloody stains which covered his once clean face. At the beginning I thought that maybe he fed, but, as soon as I saw the bloody patterns imprinted on his beautiful features, I managed to comprehend that there were rivers of tears.

I didn’t know that a vampire could cry tears of blood because I was often crying and yet I never was able to do something like that. It was frightening and unusual to see it happening and yet it felt somehow fascinating as the bloody drops were slowly making their way, rolling against his cold stone skin.

Shaan continued to desperately call me, almost yelling the words as he stepped even closer towards me in an obvious attempt to make me react.

Despite his efforts, I was mesmerized by his delicious blood which appealed to me more than any other thing ever did during my short human life.

My breath suddenly accelerated as I continued to stare in his direction, trying to find sense in this nonsense. Questions which I didn’t know how to answer to kept flowing inside my head, leaving me even more confused than before.

'Who were those guys? Why did they attack us? What did they want? How could Shaan be so powerful and why didn’t he tell me that he could do something like that? How and why was he capable of crying bloody tears?' were just a few of those damn things which I couldn’t find an answer to.

Shaan saw my sudden reactions and unfortunately interpreted them totally different.

“Shhh…you’re safe now! I’m not going to do anything to hurt you…” he whispered in a soothing way, probably thinking that he somehow, unintentionally managed to scare me, even if it obviously wasn’t the case.

I could never be afraid of him, maybe because I was in love with him, maybe because I knew that he would never hurt me, or maybe, just maybe, because he protected me during so many times.

Thinking any other way than that it would be a sudden blasphemy and I didn’t want to let him misunderstand me.

“How…you’re crying blood?” I asked amazed and curios of such a discovery as I leaned towards his body, gently pressing my hand against the smooth skin which covered his face.

As soon as he heard my words and felt my touch, his eyes widen in surprise for mere seconds as he finally understood that I wasn’t afraid of him.

“Aren’t you afraid of me?” he asked in a mere whisper, confused because of my reaction. He seemed so lost and in pain as he said the words, his eyes widening in surprise.

“Why would I be afraid of you? You did nothing else than helping and protecting me…” I answered smiling underling the obvious once more for his blind eyes to finally see and for his blurred mind to finally understand my feelings for him once and for all.

I expected him to smile as well… Little I knew that he would react in a totally different way.

Shaan grabbed my body from the bed and lifted me on my knees, wrapping his arms around my waist and burying his face against my abdomen while he desperately cried like a baby.

His arms tightened around me as he continued to cry completely soaking my sleeping t-shirt in blood.

Almost instinctively, my arms wrapped around his head as I somehow tried to sooth his pain. Only seeing him suffer made my heart to bleed inside of me, as if an invisible hand was tightly squeezing my heart while snatching it from my chest.

“Shaan, love, look at me!” I ordered as soon as I understood that my embrace was only making him suffer even more. I wanted to somehow stop the pain and make him smile again, but it seemed that anything could do that anymore as he continued to sob.

“I’m here! I’m not going anywhere! Please, stop crying!” I pleaded while grabbing his cheeks between my hands and as I kissed his tears away, pressing my trembling lips against each centimeter of his skin.

My body and my soul ached for him as I kissed his eyelids, his cheeks, his nose and his lips, silencing them.

Almost like being pulled from under a spell, Shaan’s eyes connected with mine as he responded to my kiss, pulling me closer to him. The next few hours were bliss as he continued to passionately kiss me… That night was the first night of many nights we shared together, tightly embraced for the rest of our existence.

Our connection was beyond life and time, it was a pure connection between our bare souls as we looked into each other’s eyes in the morning which followed our union.

I couldn’t take my eyes away from him and it seemed that he felt the same way as he continued to hold me pressed against his body in complete silence. No words could ever be capable of transmitting my feelings for the man in front of me. There was such a deep ancestral connection between ourselves that no known or unknown god could ever keep us apart.

He was mine and I was his in a way which not even I could ever hope to understand.

“Are you feeling better now?” I asked him, breaking the silence while gently caressing his hair and his face.

He just nodded, averting his eyes, as if he was afraid to see my reaction regarding what happened between the two of us.

“You look like a kid who got caught stealing cookies…” I said laughing, which made him growl a little.

“Love, you don’t have to be ashamed for showing your feelings in front of me!” I seriously informed him, making him understand that I was a person who deserved his entire confidence because I didn’t intend to betray him so easily.

He didn’t say a word, but he raised his eyes towards me while his lips suddenly claimed my own, giving me yet another hour of intense pleasure.

When I finally woke up, it was two o’clock in the afternoon and Shaan was sound asleep with his arms still wrapped around my waist to make sure I wouldn’t run away from him.

He seemed so peaceful and beautiful with his messy brown hair which covered his eyes, with his pink soft looking lips, with his perfect marble colored skin and his well defined body. He was a god, or an angel, my angel…and in that moment I promised to myself that I would do anything in my power to never make him suffer like that again.