OBSESSION XX

OBSESSION XX

I slowly wrapped my arms around Shaan's waist, while he supported my body so I wouldn't fall on the stairs. As we were walking towards the exit of the airport, I slowly leaned towards his perfectly shaped body.

"Shaan, I don't feel so good!" I whispered right before a wave of coldness covered my body, making me to violently tremble.

"Shhh... we are almost there! Alaric is waiting outside! Dustin called him" he quickly informed me, while pressing his cold lips against the side of my head and his arms held me tightly pressed against his body, forcing me to stand.

"I...have to...sleep..." I weakly tried to whisper again.

Shaan continued to walk, without answering to my statement.

As soon as we walked outside the airport Shaan lifted me in his arms, moving more rapidly towards a black Jeep with black tinted windows. I could faintly see Alaric's silhouette on the driver's seat, inside the car.

"It hurts!" I cried as soon as we got right in front of the car and Alaric got out of it with a really worried expression imprinted on his face.

"What happened?" he asked confused.

"I think her blood is rejecting Anna's and Shaan's blood!" Dustin informed him, obviously referring to the fact that I was feeling sick.

"No, she just needs to accept her vampire instincts and feed!" Shaan told them.

"She doesn't look too good, considering the fact that she is practically starving herself to death! You have to force her to feed, otherwise..." Alaric warned.

"I know, believe me, but I have to respect the fact that this isn't really what she wants. Why do you think that she ran away from us? It's pretty obvious that she doesn't want to become a vampire!" Shaan sadly informed his brother in law.

"I understand that this is the reason why she's still feeling weak. Her health condition is deteriorating because she refuses to feed on one hand and because she's not ready to accept the fact that she's becoming one of us on the other hand" Alaric informed them with a low voice probably believing that I couldn't hear him.

"That's not true, because I already feed on Shaan's blood!" I quickly said surprising them with my statement.

"Dustin told me on the phone, but this is not enough! You have to drink human blood in order to finish the process... You're still transitioning and this is not something good, considering your future development of your powers" Alaric calmly informed me.

"I'm not going to do something like that! Isn't it enough that I already drank his blood? I don't want to feel the same pain and guilt over again!" I whispered while big salty tears were already forming in my eyes.

"Alaric, please, this is not the right moment to be talking about something like that!" Dustin said obviously because of my reaction while Shaan helped me to get inside the car without saying a single word. He was looking towards the ground as if my words harmed him too much in order to be able to say something else.

I knew that this entire suffering was due to my stubbornness of not drinking blood, but I was the only one who could understand the fact that such a decision was not an easy one to make when you had to live with the guilt during your entire life.

"I'm sorry Shaan for making you go through this!" I tried to say feeling unhappy because he was doing so many things for me when I wasn't capable of thinking about his feelings like I knew I should.

I felt torn apart between my desire of being with Shaan and my moral principles. It was a difficult decision to make and right now which of them made me feel really guilty. I knew that if I wanted to be by his side I had to accept the fact that I was becoming one of them so I had to feed and if I wanted to respect what I believed in I knew that my decision will end up hurting the only person who I loved more than my own life: Shaan.

Shaan got inside the car right next to me, whispering soothing words in my ear, while holding me in his arms. My head rested on his shoulder, the feeling of guilt because of the pain I was inflicting on Shaan being still very present on my mind and on my heart.

A terrible pain was hurting me from the inside of my body while I was trying to stop complaining about anything because I wanted to suffer all of this alone. I didn't want to cause any more pain to the people I loved and end up hating myself because of it so I preferred to stay quiet even if I was feeling like dying.

My vision was becoming more unclear by the second as a cold hand pressed against my too hot forehead.

"Her body's temperature is too high!" Shaan quickly informed Alaric and Dustin with an apparently calmed voice even if I could hear his pain and worries in his tone.

"Keep her close to your body! It will maintain the fever to a constant level or even decrease it!" said Alaric with confidence.

"I'm already doing that, but I don't see any improvements to her health condition!" answered Shaan with a really worried voice.

"I'm fine! You don't have to worry about me!" I whispered in an obvious attempt of making them calm down.

"You're not well at all, so stop trying to make me feel better, because you are not succeeding!" Shaan told me with a sharp voice.

His words made me stop talking for the rest of the evening. I was tired and Shaan's presence was making me feel much better so I closed my eyes letting my mind to slowly pull me towards dreams land.