OBSESSION XXI

OBSESSION XXI

In the next few days after I slapped Shaan when he brought me to his mansion, kidnapping me from my father, he kept me locked inside the room.

I was all alone except the cases when he was bringing me food and water, leaving them on the small table of the room without saying one single word.

After three days of silence I couldn't take it anymore so I decided to talk with him in a desperate attempt of making him understand the fact that I was not meant to live like that.

I wasn't supposed to stay by his side, because of the simple fact that I was not a vampire, but a human young lady and most of all I was Henry Saturday's daughter, a famous member of the aristocracy.

In that night Shaan stepped inside the room leaving me the already prepared dinner on the table. That was the moment I was expecting since I decided that it was really important to talk with him and force him to understand the fact that I didn't want to live like that.

"Can I talk with you?" I whispered when Shaan was already heading towards the door of the room.

He didn't answer to my question, but he stopped right in front of the door, his actions forcing me to continue my speech.

"What do you want to talk with me, human?" he asked with a sharp voice when he saw that I wasn't saying anything still waiting for him to react and answer to my previous question.

"My name is Annabelle!" I slowly whispered without feeling the same anger I felt the first time I met him. Somehow, in a strange and inexplicable way, he was making me feel really safe in his presence. Even if he was one of the most dangerous creatures I've ever met, I simply couldn't see him like that.

"I don't remember asking you your name, human girl!" he replied to my answer with a really serious tone of voice.

"I know you didn't, but I wanted to clarify this aspect because I would prefer that you called me like that and not 'human'. In return I will call you by your name too. I believe that you don't like me to call you 'vampire'..." I said with confidence in my voice.

Shaan listened to everything I told him even if he didn't answer.

"Is that all you wanted to talk about?" he asked after a moment of silence without turning back towards me in order to let me see his face.

"No, as a matter of fact, I wanted to talk with you about me! I wanted to ask you why did you bring me here?" I asked in a polite way.

"I don't have to explain anything to you!" he answered a little angry.

"I know that, but I don't understand! I am a human and you are a vampire... I am not meant to live here... My place is not here..." I tried to say, but before I could finish the sentence, Shaan was already in front of me pushing me on the bed and pressing me against the cold silk sheets.

"Are you questioning my decisions, human pet?" he asked with an evil smile spreading over his lips.

"I am not a pet!" I screamed trying to push him away from my body, feeling my blood boil inside my veins.

"Yes you are! You will learn to listen to me and stop talking nonsense! I will make you understand the fact that you can't fight against me because you are not strong enough!" he continued with a sarcastic voice, pressing his body even harder against mine.

"You shouldn't force me to stay here against my will...What did I do in order to make you hate me so much?" I asked feeling the tears gather inside my eyes as I tried to look in the deepness of his beautiful orbs.

"You will do exactly what I'm telling you to do, unless you want to experience extreme pain!" he threatened me.

"I won't! You can't tell me what to do! I am a human being, not a dog who should listen to its master's orders! So stop telling me what to do! I wish I wouldn't have given you my blood!" I screamed from the top of my lungs, still trying to escape from his strong arms.

Shaan looked right into my eyes, making me feel afraid of him as big salty tears were slowly rolling down on my cheeks.

"I will make you listen to me! You can be sure about it!" he said with venom in his words, letting go of me and leaving the room before I could even react.

As soon as he got out of the room I began to sob even louder than before, feeling broken from the inside of my heart.