OBSESSION XIV - Left without freedom

OBSESSION XIV

Left without freedom

I was wearing a beautiful long dress, its silky touch slowly caressing my skin, sending a cold sensation against my bare soft skin. My hair was combed into a bun, a few strands of curly hair lightly touching my bare shoulders.

Looking outside the carriage I was into, all I could see was the beautiful blue sky and the stars above the forest. I felt so sad... I was alone in a world full of selfishness and hypocrisy, a world so different from what I really wanted to live into.

It was a silent night trapped in stillness. Everything was covered in darkness and tomb like silence. Only my heart seemed to violently hit my rib cage in a futile attempt to escape the prison it was into. I felt suffocated by the strong grasp of a cold imaginary hand tightly squeezing my weak heart. It was exactly that sensation which you have before something bad was going to happen.

I ordered the old man who drove to stop the carriage, without giving attention to his warnings that it wasn't safe to stop there in the middle of the forest, especially during the night.

"Wait here! If I don't turn back in a couple of minutes, leave me here!" I ordered without looking back and stepping inside the thick darkness surrounding me.

My feet dragged me inside the forest, like they had a mind of their own, making me feel powerless in front of the invisible force which called me, powerfully pulling me towards it. With every step my feet were making on the thick carpet of wet leaves I felt more anxious. I desperately needed to get somewhere, even if I didn't know exactly where.

Before I could stop myself I ran towards unknown, ignoring the fact that I was losing myself in the night, inside a muddy forest covered in darkness.

Before I could react a crow flew over my head, making me scream in fear as I tripped over a branch and fell on the wet ground. Looking around me, analyzing my surroundings, I finally understood the mistake I made going deeper inside the forest alone and especially in the middle of the night. But even so, it felt as if it was the only thing that could save me from going crazy when I remembered the world I was part of, where everybody looked towards me with hate and envy. I didn't want something like that. It wasn't my choice to be the daughter of an aristocracy member and despite of everybody's opinion, I was sure that it wasn't a very good thing to be rich considering the fact that I was forced to do what others wanted me to do. I was trapped in a world full of stupid rules and coldness without the slightest chance to ever be free.

Slowly I pushed my body from the ground, forcing myself to stand, even if it was pretty difficult considering the fact that my long dress was so heavy. I pushed myself up, pressing my hand against a tree in order to regain my balance. Warm tears were quickly rolling down on my cheeks as an incredible pain hit my heart. I had so many physical possessions and yet I didn't have the only thing that could ever make me happy: freedom. I felt like a butterfly caught in a spider's nest, without the slightest hope of ever escaping.

Thinking about the stupidity of my life I pressed my forehead against a tree, hitting the tree with my bare wrists, in a desperate attempt to release my pain and frustration. Waiting to calm down, I was desperately crying when a cold breath touched the bare skin of my neck and two strong hands grabbed my already bleeding wrists. I instantly froze, my body tensing involuntary. I knew that someone was behind me, but I didn't have the courage to turn around and face the person.

The tip of a nose slowly touched my skin, sending shivers down my spine, as a firm chest pressed against my bare back. I tried to turn around, but he was strongly holding me in place, pressing his body against mine.