OBSESSION XXV

OBSESSION XXV

During the next few days I continued to stay locked inside my room, without the slightest chance of ever succeeding to get away from him. I wanted so badly to be with my family, especially since I knew that with each passing second, my chances to ever see my mother alive again were slim.

"Damn it! Open the door! You can't keep me locked inside this room forever!" I finally began to scream after desperately trying to run away and miserably failing each time I tried.

In the night of the next day the door of my room finally opened and to my surprise, it was Dustin the one who finally decided to pay me a visit.

"What are you doing here?" I asked with a husky voice, after all the crying and screaming.

Before I knew it, Dustin was already in front of me, pushing me towards the bed, and grabbing me by my arms.

"Are you here to laugh in my face because I am just a pathetic human?" I asked with venom in my words.

Dustin smiled a sad smile and whispered in my ear.

"As a matter of fact I'm here because I want to help you!" he said with excitement.

"What?" I rudely asked after blinking a few more times, as if I simply couldn't believe what he just told me.

"Anna and Shaan went outside to verify the entire perimeter and to make sure that there are no intruders. They left me alone with you and threatened me to not let you out of my sight, but, amazingly, I can't take it anymore!" he said with a fake serious tone of voice.

"You're driving me crazy with all the yelling and screaming and sobbing..." he continued with a smile playing at the corner of his lips.

"I don't know how he can be in love with such a noisy little creature!" he whispered thoughtfully, looking towards me with a strange expression imprinted over his childish beautiful features.

"Are you going to help me get back to my family?" I asked astonished by his previous statement.

"I'm going to take you to the border of the town, but you have to swear that after you see your mother you will come back to Shaan! He can no longer exist without you. I can't understand the intensity of his feelings for a mere human girl, but he cares about you beyond what you and I could understand. He probably will never forgive me for letting you get away like that..." he said with sadness.

"Why are you helping me?" I asked with curiosity, trying to decipher the way this young man was thinking in order to understand his decision.

"I may be young compared with my brother and sister, but I am well aware of the fact that keeping you away from your family against your will is going to make you hate him and I don't want that for Shaan. I know that you care about him more than you let it see because I can...feel a few of your emotions, but you're too concerned right at the moment...for the safety of your own and that's exactly what made me want to help you" he whispered looking towards the outside landscape.

I was grateful towards this young vampire for helping me when I needed his help, even if it meant to fight against his own brother.

"Dustin, is...is he going to hurt you, because I don't want something like that to happen!" I seriously stated with worry.

"Don't worry about that? I'm going to be fine, but you have to know that you and Shaan are sharing a bond through blood and feelings and each passing hour spent apart will be painful for both of you, so, the only choice is to come back to him as soon as possible!" warned Dustin, pushing a strand of my hair behind my ear.