OBSESSION XVII

OBSESSION XVII

Slowly I opened my eyes realising that the landscape had changed and that I was back into the park, looking into Shaan's beautiful blue eyes, clearly remembering the memories he show me just a few minutes ago.

"How did you do that?" I asked confused, trying to understand this strange power which allowed him to show me his own memories.

"Well, it's a vampire thing which allows me to link my mind to yours for a limited period of time. That's exactly how you were able to see what happened between us in...in the nineteen century" he confidently stated still looking into my eyes, analyzing my reaction.

"In the nineteen century?" I asked confused, not being able to understand or accept the fact that I knew Shaan from such a long time ago.

"Yes!" he finally admitted.

"No, it can't be true!" I stated, not wanting to admit the fact that I was the girl from Shaan's memories.

"I know this is very hard for you to assimilate but I'm asking you to believe me, because I'm telling you the truth!" Shaan finally stated with a serious tone of voice.

"How, how can you be sure that I was the one you loved back there? How do you know that there isn't just a simple physical resemblance between me and Annabelle?" I asked confused and feeling a little uncomfortable.

"Emma, I already told you! There isn't possible that I would not recognise you and besides that, I know that you had dreams about me and you a while ago!" he stated again still looking deep into my eyes.

I didn't answer as all of this seemed so new and impossible for my mind to accept.

Outside was already almost dark as the twilight was slowly covering the landscape surrounding us. Shaan respected my silence as I looked towards the horizon trying to understand my life. 'Why was I born again? Why would I deserve to receive a second chance when I didn't do anything special? Was it the love that Shaan holds for me the one which brought me back? ' I asked myself remembering the dreams which used to torment me every night during my stay in France.

"Could you show me the rest of your memories about our time together?" I asked still looking far away.

"I will show you some other time!" Shaan whispered while caressing my right cheek. Slowly, he grabbed me by my shoulders in order to make me look into his eyes which held so many secrets.

"Why aren't you showing me right now?" I asked a little curious to find out more about my past life.

"It's very hard to concentrate in order to connect with your mind! And I already told you that this specific power functions only a limited period of time!" he quickly informed me.

"I understand, but now you've made me curious and I want to find out more about...my other life..." I stated, leaning towards his body and pressing my head against his chest.

"Will you show me some more tomorrow?" I asked eagerly looking into Shaan's eyes, loosing myself into their deepness while he held me pressed against his chest.

"I will try!" he said, his sweet voice caressing my ears with a silky touch while his lips pressed against my burning skin. We stayed like that for a couple of more minutes admiring the wild beauty of the landscape.

"Could we go back home, I'm a little tired!" I stated all of a sudden, feeling the energy draining from my body.

"Of course!" he answered almost instantly scanning me in order to see if I was ok or not.

Walking towards the exit of the park a cold chill moved on my back as I felt like some unknown force was watching us. I turned around with an inhuman speed, but even so, my sensitive eyes still couldn't see too well into the darkness of the forest surrounding us, at least not when I was feeling so weak.