OBSESSION VII - The dreams

Copyright © 2010 Alexandra-Patricia Pusca

ID 8748612

Lulu publishing

OBSESSION VII

The dreams

"I'm cold..." I tried to say slowly opening my eyes. As I looked around me, analyzing my surroundings, I finally managed to understand that I was again lost in the thick black darkness which seemed to cover me more and more with each passing day...hour...minute...second. The blackness made me feel so lost and lonely as my fragile body was overwhelmed by the incredible fear which quickly spread in my veins and by the coldness which made me numb, making me unable to move my bare feet from the too cold stone floor. My hands tried to keep me warm, slowly embracing my numb arms, in a futile attempt to force my already frozen blood to move inside of me.

Where am I? What am I doing here? Why am I even here? I thought, trying to see something, anything.

A door suddenly opened with a loud sickening sound, broke the silence and allowed a small strand of light to penetrate the blackness of the mansion I was into.

At first I couldn't see who opened the door, but, when a silhouette finally got out of the room, I finally remembered the too familiar scene of a lost dream or maybe a memory of myself from a long time ago. The young man, who once held his dead lover in his strong arms, desperately screaming his pain in the air, was now taking her lifeless body away from the room.

He was lost, without the slightest hope, without the smallest chance of ever having a happy future, without a life. He kept walking, looking towards a nonexistent point.

The endless pain and suffering marked his once beautiful features, forcing his oceanic blue eyes to become just some black empty holes of despair and death. As he walked away on the long lonely hallway tightly holding the too cold body of the one who used to be his reason to survive, the expression on his face was one of despair and emptiness. Looking into his eyes I could understand a little of what meant to die being still alive. He was just a soulless body, a phantom trapped in a hateful meaningless world.

Now she, the one he craved for, was just an empty human shell, covered in blood. With each step he took, the red sickening liquid slowly made its way on her long bone white arms, quickly falling on the ground, leaving a thin reddish line.

Who are they? Why am I seeing them? Why? Why are you tormenting me like this? Why? I screamed to myself, looking at the too pained face of the young man. Seeing him suffer so badly made my heart hurt as well...

I fell on my knees, trying to understand this entire situation. I'm alone! Nobody cares about me! I'm dead! I don't have a soul... I couldn't understand how I could feel his pain, but I did. He slowly lifted the lifeless body, tightly holding it against his chest.

Slowly, in an exhausted movement he looked towards her body, slowly lifting her head so he could finally reach her lips. He looked at her with so much love and adoration that I simply couldn't take my eyes away from him. My tears were slowly falling from my eyes, leaving hot wet lines on my face.

"My love...I love you and I will always love you! You are the only one who can touch my dead heart!" he whispered, his body violently convulsing from the dry sobs.

His whisper caressed the air surrounding them, as he slowly kissed her cold white lips. As soon as his lips touched hers, I felt a cold touch press against my lips. Without understanding what happened, I quickly stepped back, pressing my back against the cold wall, trying to break the spell. I was more frightened than I ever was in my entire life.