OBSESSION XXXI

OBSESSION XXXI

Shaan almost dragged me inside one of the two carriages he prepared for our departure. And even if now I was well aware of the fact that he really cared about me, the intensity of his feelings still managed to scare me a little.

The weather outside seemed to announce a storm as the clouds quickly gathered, almost completely covering the sky.

“Annabelle?” Shaan whispered silently distracting me from my pending thoughts.

“We have to leave as soon as possible! It seems that they are trying to find you and this time they are quite many…” he quickly informed me referring to my father and his… friends.

“I knew that they would come. They aren’t going to let me get away from them, aren’t they?” I asked, feeling a little uncomfortable about the entire situation.

Almost instantly, Shaan wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me towards his body.

“Don’t worry, they aren’t going to take you away from me!” he whispered with a strong determination in his voice.

“I don’t want to turn back to what I used to be… I want to be free to make my own decisions. That’s the meaning of 'freedom' in my mind” I calmly told him, feeling for the first time during my entire life capable of actually deciding my own fate.

“That’s what I’ve always wanted to hear you say and I can promise you that I’m never going to tell you what to do any longer. I will give you the freedom that you so much desire, I swear” he said with a serious tone of voice, making me happy.

“I love you like I never believed that I would end up loving someone! You managed to captivate me so much through your personality, through your strong will power and through who you really are as a man and not as a vampire. At the beginning I couldn’t making the difference but now I can” I slowly informed him, leaving him speechless for the first time since we met.

He didn’t say a single word as he buried his face in my hair, making me shiver a little because of the felt of his cold breath against my burning skin.

“Shaan, what the hell are you doing? We have to move, now!” Anna harshly ordered, completely interrupting our special moment.

I sign in frustration which made Shaan to chuckle because of my childish behavior.

“Come, love, we have to leave right away!” he ordered while helping me to get inside the carriage. Dustin and Anna took the other one after they made sure that we were prepared for the departure.

After a couple of more seconds we left the safety of Shaan’s mansion, heading towards the thick darkness of the forest. I was sorry about leaving everything behind, but I knew that I could no longer continue living without the vampire who managed to capture my heart. Staying here wasn’t an option either if my father’s intentions were to kill the man that I loved so the only solution was leaving.

The two carriages soon left the huge garden of the property. I continued to look behind of me through the window of the carriage knowing that it would pass a while before we were going to be able to turn back on these lands.

After almost an hour, the weather began to change as a thick fog slowly covered the already dark forest. I couldn’t see a single thing as I looked towards the landscape which I used to admire a while ago. The fog created a spooky atmosphere, making me feel unsafe.

'Annabelle, you don’t have to be afraid!' Shaan’s voice whispered inside my head, soothing me a little.

'Where are Anna and Dustin?' I asked while scanning my surroundings to make sure that I couldn’t see their carriage.