OBSESSION XVIII

OBSESSION XVIII

I slowly woke up from my dreamless night finding a sleeping Shaan right beside me.

He was beautiful as his messy hair was partially covering one of his eyes, still revealing his straight nose and his pink full lips. Almost imperceptible I tried to move, but even if he was still asleep, he didn't want to let go of me.

His long arms were wrapped around my waist, forcing me to press my body against his.

My nose was almost pressed against his perfumed neck, making me thirsty as I could see the purple veins in his neck, the fragrant liquid taunting me to drink.

"Shaan!" I softly said, trying to wake him up as soon as his hold became a little too tight.

"Shaan, please, wake up!" I said again, trying to escape from his now too strong arms.

But, right when I was about to panic because I simply couldn't run from him and I didn't know if I was able to control myself, he slowly opened his mesmerizing eyes, looking with a sleepy face towards me.

"What happened love? Why are you so agitated?" he asked in a mere whisper, his velvet voice caressing my ears once more.

"You're holding me too close to your neck!" I finally admitted ashamed.

Shaan's face changed almost instantly into a worried one as soon as he understood my statement.

"Are you thirsty?" he asked as if he was trying to make sure about what I told him.

I felt even more uncomfortable about admitting it in front of him, so I refused to answer to his question.

Shaan leaned towards me, gently forcing me to look into his eyes.

"You don't have to feel ashamed because of something like that, Emma! This is a normal thing for a newborn vampire!" he whispered, looking deep into my eyes.

I didn't say a word while he kept caressing my hair.

"We should go to the airport, but I want you to feed before. Otherwise you will become a danger for the people in the airplane and in the airport! We don't have blood donors so you will have to just drink mine!" he seriously stated in an attempt to convince me to drink his blood.

"No, why do I always have to do something like this?" I asked horrified by the way I was becoming.

"Because we are vampires, well you aren't exactly one since you haven't drunk human blood in order to finish the transition, but soon it will all be over and you will definitely have a better control over your emotions and over your thirst!" Shaan confidently stated.

Before I could even register his actions, he unbuttoned his shirt, revealing a muscular chest making me feel a totally different hunger when I saw him.

He analyzed my reactions, stepping closer towards me.

I could swear that I heard him chuckle, but I was too confused and trapped into my too strong emotions in order to be sure about something like that.

Shaan raised his right hand towards his neck, making a small cut right over the place where his veins were placed beneath the cold and smooth marble white coloured skin.

Smelling his blood I almost instantly found myself licking the thin thread of blood which was quickly rolling over his skin, my action forcing him to tremble under my touch.

Before I could even register my own actions, the taste of his blood woke up my entire senses. Without being able to stop I opened my mouth and hardly bit into his neck, quickly sucking his blood, forcing a low moan to escape from Shaan's lips.