Chapter 20

Aria Pov

First day of our Junior year and I am so excited. I woke up and out on a red tanktop with denim pre-ripped jeans, white converse and my backpack. Straightened my blue ombre hair (A/N: she dyed it in a previous chapter) with my usual makeup except winged liner now. I unplugged my phone and went downstairs to find my mom and dad smiling in the kitchen with plates of French toast with eggs and bacon.

"Morning sweetie how did you sleep?" my father asked me he has been in my life for almost a year now I still don't trust him but oh well. "Fine thanks for asking" I said getting some OJ. "Are you and Ross excited for junior year" My mom asked me. "Well you would know if you were home more." I mumbled. "What was that" she asked. "Yeah we are excited just one more year and we will be out of high school and moving in together I will be in college while him and R5 tour." I said thinking about what Ross and I have been talking about.

"So Aria I haven't formally met Ross yet you guys have been together for a few months now I think it is time invite him for dinner tonight" my dad asked trying to be fatherly I guess. "Okay" I said and the doorbell rang. "That's Ross I better get going" I finished my food and grabbed my bag. "I will come with you" my dad said. He followed me to the door and I opened it.

"Good Morning beautiful" Ross smiled at me. "Ross this is my dad and dad this is my boyfriend Ross." I said. "Nice to meet you sir" Ross said he is the best boyfriend. "Please call me Ted so I was just telling Aria that you and I haven't gotten the chance to know each other you should come over tonight for dinner I would love to know your intentions with my daughter." my father added. "Okay Ted calm yourself you might be my dad, but you decided to pop up sixteen years too late don't try to be the boyfriend hunter okay he was my best friend before we started dating....you might be my dad but that doesn't mean I see you that way" I said walking with Ross.

"Aria get back here and apologize to your father right now!" my mom yelled at me. "No mom I won't say I am sorry for telling the truth. He left us and you can't expect me to just forgive him because he decided to be a father sixteen years into his daughters life! You can forgive him and love him all you want, but he will never be my father Mark is my dad my only dad maybe not by blood, but he has been there my whole life Ted is just another man you are screwing with" I said walking off.

I heard a car behind me knowing it was Ross I stopped walking. "Get in the car babe" he said opening my door. I got in the car and locked the doors. "I am sorry you had to see that and I am sorry if I sounded really bitchy or like a brat it just makes me mad that she expects me to be like oh my dad he is back we are one happy family now" I explained. "I know baby I understand and you have a right to be upset about that, but maybe you need to let it go he is trying to be a father the fact he wants to interrogate me means he wants to be dad to you." Ross explained driving.

"True it has been a few months that he has stuck around I guess that I am just scared of getting attached and him leaving again you know" I said looking down. He intertwined our fingers and parked at school. "Let's do dinner tonight and you can apologize I can tell him how amazing you are and how much you mean to me then we can go for a moonlit walk and text all night." He smiled. "Sounds great babe" I smiled back. "Now let's get junior year started and show this school how we are the cutest couple ever." he said getting out of the car.

I got out of the car and took out my phone to record him. "Baby *he looks at me* I love you" I said. "Love you too *pulls her close and kisses her*". After recording I captioned "Starting my Junior year with the love of my life by my side 💙💙".

~After School~

Still Aria Pov

Ross dropped me off at home we agreed that he would come over at 6. "Ted can we talk" I asked as I walked through the door. "Sure Aria what's up?" he asked. "I am sorry about this morning I was upset and I am glad you are in my life again the reason I continue to push you away is because I am afraid that you are gonna leave again if I get attached" I explained. "I am not goin anywhere Aria I love your mom and I am not letting her go again." he said. "Okay then...Ross is coming over at six and you can interrogate him" I smiled. "Well go get ready and I will help your mom with dinner" he said and what I did next no one expected.....I.......hugged him. "Thank you for coming back" I said he hugged back.