Chapter 1: Forced to share

"Are you fucking kidding me, old man?" I yelled at Mr. Harris, my supposed to be landlord. I can't fucking believe this.

His white eyebrows narrowed and he glared at me "Miss Stone, I will not tolerate being spoken to like that in my own house."

I laughed out loud on that one. I stood up and lightening speed and pointed at him, angrily.

"Do you even realize what you have done? I am going to report you to the goddamn cops." I hissed.

"Lower your voice and SIT DOWN!" Mr Harris AKA Gordon raised his voice. I stood still acting like a shiver didn't crawl up my spine when he shouted.

"No! You gave my apartment, the one I booked , to someone else. How is any of that okay?" I gritted my teeth.

Gordon's expression softened slightly and he stood up too.

"Listen," his trembling hands caught my shoulders and he gently ushered me to sit. I obeyed and sat back down. My knees shook with silent anger and I kept my hands on them to keep them from doing so.

"Have a heart, darling. I told you what happened. What would you do if an eighteen year old , pregnant , and left to single handedly take care of the baby, came to your doorstep looking for a place to stay? Won't you give it to her? To see the child grow up in comfort, and luxury? "
He was emotionally drawing me in and damn it it was was working. I dropped my head in my hands and let out a cry.

After five minutes of just staying like that and processing and analyzing everything , I looked up at Gordon.

"I understand. " I mumbled and then raised my eyebrows.

"So what now? You must provide me with a place to stay in this very building, Gordon. I chose to reside here because NYU is just 10 minutes away. I have nowhere to go to." I had a place though. Back house. I will never call it 'home' because home is a place where you give and receive love and respect. Trust, loyalty, honesty was all a part of a home. But I never experienced any of those things back house.

"What do you think about sharing, darling?" Gordon inquired, placing a beefy right arm on the armrest.

"Depends on the person I'm sharing with." I answered. I had no intention of sharing an apartment with a creepy old man who collects his belly button lint or his fucking toenails as a hobby. Where the fuck did that come from....

"It is a young man in his twenties. Just like you, he studies at NYU . A gem of a boy, he is. Works so very hard to achieve his goal. Drowns himself in his books. He bought an apartment last year. 2BHK. Way too big for him. Now yesterday, he comes to me and asks me to advertise for housemate. Actually, I was going to head to the times offices to post an ad. " He paused as he studied my reaction.

I was probably smiling slightly in relief. As long as he does not watch porn at 3 In the morning, Im cool.

" Sounds okay, I guess. How much?" I asked.

" He paid me half last year and I agreed because he was such a good kid and i-"

"Yah yah, I got it. He's an angel right outta church. How much?" I cut him off.

"The whole cost if $1,500,000. He paid half so...." He trailed. Guess who sucks at math.

"$750,00." I piped in. I may sound like a bitch but my math was damn good.

His bushy eyebrows shot up and he laughed lowly. " I think you and Luca will get along just fine." I gave him a hard look and he gulped. "Yes. So, you have to pay $750,000. Cheque if you want or in installments."