Chapter 16: Want

"I'm heading out." I snapped my head up and saw Luca reaching for the door. It was Tuesday morning and I didn't have classes till 10 am. Luca, however had his first lecture in another hour.

He was still acting awkward. I tried my best to initiate any sort of conversation with him but he would hardly respond. 'I'm heading out' is the first thing he's said to me since last night. Last night it was "Dinner?" That was followed by us eating together for a few minutes before we both took our plates of Mac N Cheese back to our respective rooms. Yes, it was that awkward.

AND I AM FREAKING FED UP!

"What's your problem, Luca?" I hissed as his hand stilled at the door knob, his back facing me. He was wearing a black long sleeved shirt and a pair of blue jeans. He looked so damn fucking edible.

"What do you mean?" He asked, turning around letting his eyes settle on me on the couch.

"If we are going to live together, you better pull out the stick from your Italian ass and stop being a bitch!" I half yelled at him.

"I'm being normal."muttered, frowning down at me.

I stood up."Oh really? This is how you're normally? For your kind fucking information, the normal you smiles and speaks more than one damn syllable!" I yelled and took a step forward, toward him.

And that's when he exploded ."NO, EL! This is how I fucking am. I was always this shy, antisocial nerd but you come in and fuck everything up! I am not myself when I'm around you. You bring out a side in me and that I dont like! Its like I have no control of what I'm doing. Fucking hell, I fingered you on the damn counter! The normal me wouldn't have done that!" I fell back down on the couch, apalled. To say i was shocked at his outburst would be an understatement.

"Luca, I-"

His eyes glowered angrily as he interrupted me. "No! I dont want to hear it." 

I kept quiet and looked down at the floor, his words ringing in my ears. It was silent for a few minutes but damn did it feel like hours.

"But I want you, Eleoner." My eyes widened at his not so shy words.

"What?" I hopelessy mumbled, still  not believning my ears.

"I want you so fucking bad, it hurts to be around you, talk to you, look at your fucking smile or even hear your laugh." He looked so conflicted. My cheeks tinted with colour.

"There is no nee-" I began, but he interrupted me again.

"Not talking to you is the only way I can avoid it."

Not talking to me was the way he was dealing with his attraction to me? What kind of fucked up shit is that?

"You have me, Luca. Say it and I can show you things you have never seen before." I got up from my seat and walked to his still form.

Upon hearing my words, his eyes became hooded. He looked down at me, jaw locked as if having an internal battle.

"Did you not hear a word i just said?" He asked, raising a perfet eybrow.

"I did. And guess what? You need to man up and face it.  How long do you think you can resist that urge? Resist me?" I whispered, my eyes wandering to his lips as they parted slightly.

"El , you don't get it. It's fucking complicated with me."

I stifled a laugh, " You sound like every generic female main character from teen novels. "

His gaze hardened and he took a menacing step closer to me, his face exuding pure frustrations and annoyance. I, unknowingly took a step back. Was that a slight trickle of anticipation I was feeling? Angry Luca is always the hot one anyways. Not that he's generally not  the hottest fucking guy I've ever seen on God's green earth