Chapter 51: Handling Her

I took a swig of my hot coffee as I stared out at the New York skyline. I leaned against the wall and took a deep breath as the caffeine warmed my insides. It was very cold and the leggings and sweater did very little to keep me from freezing to death. I smiled sadly as I thought of the moments Luca and I had here. It was right here that we had unraveled our stories to each other. It was right here that we had let our most vulnerable sides be seen. Yes, I was on the terrace but this time, I was alone. I wrapped my hands around the warm mug in my hold, forcing the thoughts out of my head.

I missed Bolognese.

It had now been a week of Luca's absence in the apartment. I tried my best to stay out of it because I didn't like the feeling that filled me when I sat there, alone. That whole apartment was filled with memories so everywhere I looked, his face would pop up. It was like the memory of your old favorite song. No matter how long it had been since you heard it, you never truly forgot it. Sometimes the song gets annoying so you try to forget it, but no, it always sticks to you. Luca was the memory of an old favorite song.

Maybe, I was being too dramatic. Maybe I was making a big deal out of nothing but not having Luca with me was a big deal to me. Spending every second thinking about what that little wretch was making him do was pure torture. Not having any way to contact him was hell. Maybe I was being obsessive but I know I'm not wrong to want the man I love by my side. For the past week I had tried to distract myself by immersing myself in work.

Oh yes, guess which bitch got the job? This bitch.

I would take home extra work to do and busy myself with that. Hell, I even learnt how to cook (courtesy of YouTube). Me, someone who only knew how to make ramen could now make lasagna, alfredo pasta, Mac n cheese, spaghetti, stir fry and steak. Yes, I almost burnt down the apartment multiple times but that didn't stop me. Of course, most of them tasted like shit but I was still learning.

Also, I was beyond sexually frustrated. A few months back, I'd just dress up and hit the club but it wasn't the same anymore. I wanted to wait. I wanted to be his.

I took another sip of my coffee and shivered as a gust of wind kissed my skin. Tonight was Ann's party. Apparently, she was hosting it at one of her dad's properties in Queens. I was in no mood to go but I wanted to put an end to this as soon as possible and I was I hoping tonight was the night.

Just then, my phone rang and I pulled it out of the pocket of my baggy sweatshirt. It was Raven.

"I'm at your door. Where the hell are you?"

                              --------------

"WE ARE GOING TO LOOK LIKE THE BADDEST BITCHES ON PLANET EARTH!" Raven yelled out loud as we walked into my bedroom. She was carrying a duffle bag over her shoulder. I smiled at her enthusiasm.

I had picked out just the right dress for the occasion. We're going to look like the real birthday bitches. I pulled out my dress from the closet as Raven started unpacking her stuff. It was a crimson red dress with a deep plunging neckline which showed a LOT of my cleavage and there was a daring cut right from the upper part of the hip till the thigh. It was the sexiest dress I had and it made me look like a goddess. I'm not bragging. I swear. It's just facts.

Raven showed me her dress. It was a short blue shimmery number which ended mid thigh and had spaghetti straps. We both looked at each other's dresses at the same time and squealed.

"Luca is going to kill you." Raven laughed, running her hands through the fabric of my dress. I just shrugged.

Shouldn't have fallen for a bad bitch if he couldn't handle one.