The Gift

~Jesse's POV

I watch as they take my wife back into the delivery room, and sigh loudly. My phone beeps loudly and everyone around me gives me that "look".

I pull it out of my pocket and unlock the screen.

Kellin- Rozz is walking.

Wait what?! I look confused at my phone for a few seconds before I finally decide to reply.

me- When did she wake up?

Kellin- Yesterday. Did you not get my message?

As always I was the last to know.

me- nope.

Kellin- Well come here whenever you can.

me- umm. I'm in the hospital. She's in labor.

Kellin- Congrats dude!

I look up and a nurse is staring at me.

"Yes?" I ask a little freaked out.

"Mr.Lawson?"

"Yes ma'am?"

"You can come in now, but the baby isn't going to be here for a while."

I nod, "I'll be on the ICU floor, I should be back in time though."

"Okay, I'll tell your wife," she says and walks back to the room.

I find the elevator and go up to Rozz's floor. I walk into her room and find her sitting on Jamie in the small chair that I slept in my first night here. She had one of the biggest smiles I've ever seen on her face, and Jamie looked like a totally different boy.

She looks at me and her face lights up even more. Jamie helps her up and I meet her halfway across the floor.

"Jesse I've missed you," she says into my chest as she hugs me tightly.

"I've missed you quite a bit too," I say smiling.

I help her sit down and I join Kellin on her bed.

"Today is her birthday, we are having a surprise party at 6 in here. If you cant make it, I completely understand," he whispers into my ear.

I look at him and nod.

Someone knocks on the door, and we all tell them to come in.

"Lawson?" the nurse asks as she looks around.

"Yes?"

"Oh, you're needed downstairs," she says and walks out.

"Welp, be prepared to come down there," I say as I walk out and head back to where I was before.

I walk into the room and smile as I see my wife holding our little Olive.

"She's here," she says smiling.

"Can you sign this?" the nurse says and I sign the birth certificate.

"Olive... my little Olive," I say as I gently take her from Ashley. "Is it okay if Rozz, Jamie, and Kell come down to see her?"

"Rozz is awake?" she says suddenly sitting up.

"Yesterday, and  I just went up and saw her."

"Then yes of course!"

I move Olive to one arm and text Kellin.

Me- All of you come down now. We have someone you should meet.

A few minutes later the door opens and they walk in.

"Hey Rozz!" Ash says and Rozz smiles.

"Hi Mrs.Lawson!"

They all crowd around me to see the newest member of the family.

"Can I hold her?" Rozz suddenly says from the chair and we all look at her.

"Of course," I say as I take my only child over to her.

I gently hand Olive over. Rozz smiles really big, and she opens her eyes for the first time since I've been in the room. Olive grins and Rozz looks up at everyone.

"She's smiling!"

"Of course! She knows you are a good person. Rozz, would you like to be her God-Mother?" Ashley says from her bed.

"...yes..."

We all smile a bit as she blushes, and then yawns.

"Babe I think it's time for a nap," Jamie says with a smile as he takes Olive from Rozz.

"I do too," she says as she slowly raises from her chair.

Jamie hands me my daughter then helps Rozz out of the room.

"For someone who attempted suicide she sure is happy," Ash says and I give her a look.

"In all reality she didn't want to die, she wanted away from her mom, Ash you should have seen her when we first found her. She couldn't get away, and she decided getting out of the world by suicide was a lot better than her mom killing her. Honestly I would have did the same, at least it would have been less painful than getting beat to death or starving."

"True... But she's still quite happy."

"Jamie is here... Ashley it's true love. He is a really good kid, and Rozz has found the right one. Did you know his mom has been trying to get him home since she went missing? He wouldn't leave."

"He is an absolute sweetheart," she smiles.

"He really is."

~Jamie's POV

I help Rozz into bed and she scoots over to make room for me. I crawl in with her and wrap my arms around her as she snuggles up to me.

Soon I hear her soft snores and grin.

"I'm going to start setting up and telling everyone. Stay here and make sure she stays asleep. okay?" Kellin whispers and I nod.

He leaves and I pull the blanket over Rozz and me.

"I love you baby girl, hope you liked your first birthday gift this year.... get ready for more," I whisper into her hair as I close my eyes too.

A/N

Ehhh, not my favorite, but what do you guys think? What about the whole Olive thing? No? eh? anything?

Well either way I told you guys I had something special to tell you, and well here it is. I have decided to make a sequel (still have 6 or so chapters left in this one though), the catch is I wont ask for a certain amount of votes to upload it. I'm going to have a contest, a cover contest, best cover gets to be the cover to the story plus I will upload it. I will also have to have at least 3 entries, or I wont upload until I get 3. lastly I will have it open until I get one that I like, so some of you guys better be good at making covers. Think you guys can do that? Maybe? Yes? No?

oh and 50+ votes for the next chapter c: