Chapter 19

Chapter 19
Stephanie

1991

For two months, tensions between us and the guys have been hard. They still love us but are having a hard time processing everything. They constantly bombard us with questions about the future. We give away as little answers as possible. Which then frustrates them, causing them to go a few hours without speaking to us.

Except for Bobby. Whenever he doesn't get the answer he wants from me, he tries a different one. He's the only one who has kept things light and airy. He's also been trying harder to steer clear of drugs and other substances and has been working out far more ham normal.

All of the guys have actually. They don't want to become the "fat, old men" we know in 2017. Their words, not ours.

Today, we all are in the hospital after Cassie has had her second child, the first girl of the bunch, Lucile Rachelle Wallace-Tresvant. She's a beautiful little girl with light curly hair slicked to her head and light skin that looks like it will stay like that.

Ralph was practically jumping and running up and down the halls with excitement at having a little girl that looks so much like his wife. He wanted a girl more than anything so no one said anything at his tears when he first got to hold her. RJ just stares at the little baby in his mom's arms for sometime before leaning over and kissing Lucile's forehead.

"Sissy." RJ says and we can't help but smile. He doesn't leave her side for the rest of the night.

"Alright, everyone. You can come back tomorrow. Doctor said that Cee Cee needs a lot of rest. I'll call you when you can come see them again." Ralph pushes us out of the hospital room. He closes the door behind him and look at me and Jacque. The other guys walk into the waiting area.

"What's wrong?" I ask, worried for my youngest sister.

"The doctor said she should be up in a few days but that her iron level is low. She's anemic. He also said that she shouldn't get pregnant again. It would be too high risk. Miscarriage or death." Ralph answers in a whisper.

"You didn't tell her." Jacque doesn't ask.

He shakes his head. "I don't know how without breaking her heart. She wants another baby— I know she does. Cee Cee loves Lil Rizz and Will and the twins and she loves Lucy so much already. Even the one you got still kicking in there, Steph," Ralph smiles sadly. "I want to give her one more but I don't want to lose her."

"This is when Ronnie would suggest that we pray and let God lead us." Jacque says and we all smile softly at her jab at Ronnie.

Ralph pulls us into a hug with a small smile. I pray over him and Cassie. He visibly relaxes after we say Amen.

"Thank you," Ralph sighs. "I'll see y'all tomorrow," he starts to open the hospital door but stops and turns to us. "And please don't tell the guys. I don't need their sympathy right now. I just need y'all support with another kid."

"Of course. We won't. Not until you're both ready." I agree. He nods and goes into the hospital room.

Jacque and I walk into the waiting area where Bobby, Ricky, Ronnie, Johnny, Mike, Will, and the twins are waiting.

"Mommy!" Will smiles. "Stephie!"

"Bobby, stop telling him that that's my name," I roll my eyes at my best friend. "It's Auntie, little boy."

Will looks up at me and smiles. "Auntie Stephie."

Bobby laughs as I roll my eyes. "I'll take it." I shrug and pick Will up.