Chapter 45

This chapter is dedicated to @theone_destiny who's also a newer-ish reader. She's caught up to the recent chapters and votes on every single chapter. Thank you so much!!

Chapter 45
Lucy

2016-2017

I watch from below the stage as Luke and the guys perform for the 2005 BET Awards scene. Because I'm playing my Aunt Steph, two boys were cast to play my cousins Wally and Tre. The same for the rest of us. It's honestly the weirdest thing to have young actors and actresses play us. I know we're an important part of their story, but we didn't think we would have kids play us. And it being kids from the OP makes it so much more special.

I clap with the extras as if we were really at the BET Awards and watching New Edition perform. I remember that night. It was one of those surreal moments. One that you have to be there to experience. It was the first time in years that all six members of New Edition had performed together. It was one of my favorite memories simply because of how proud my mom and aunts looked as they watched the performance.

"We would like to thank our beautiful wives and sisters. They have helped us with our music and our personal lives. They gave us beautiful children to dote on. We thank God for them and for BET. Thank you!" Keith says as Uncle Ronnie. The guys hug each other with smiles like New Edition did.

Everyone claps before Chris yells, "Cut! That's a wrap!". Everyone cheers and hugs each other.

Kim, JJ, and I run onstage to hug the guys. All of the cast and crew make their way onstage to join in on the hugs going around. Even the Littles come up to hug us.

Chris gets everyone to get quiet. "Thank you everyone for the amazing job you each have done for this movie. You all were a vital part of this production," he pauses with a smile. "Someone has a surprise for everyone. So I need everyone to remain quiet."

Everyone starts pulling out their phones with the biggest, corniest smiles I've ever seen. "Why is everyone smiling like that? What are they looking at?" I turn to Luke, but he isn't standing next to me, he's kneeling. "What the hell are you doing, Boyd? You can tie your shoe later."

Everyone laughs as Luke smiles. He pulls a small box from his pocket. "What? No. Stop. No." I shake my head rapidly. I look at my mom and dad who are smiling widely as they hold each other.

"Lucile Rachelle Wallace-Tresvant," Luke says then sighs with a frown. "Girl, you got a long ass name. Why don't you make it shorter? Make your name Lucy Boyd?"

"You clever little shit, Boyd." I smile as I roll my eyes. I stick my left hand out and he places the ring on my ring finger with a smile. He stands up and kisses me as everyone cheers.

When he pulls back, we have matching, Kool-Aid smiles on our faces. I look at JJ and Kim and point at the ring. "I'm getting married!" I stick my tongue out afterward and everyone laughs.

They scream and run over to me. They squeeze me in a hug before grabbing Luke. We spend the next hour and a half talking and hugging people before Luke and I actually leave the building. I haven't moved in, but I spend a lot of time at his place.

"Mrs. Boyd," I smile to myself as I stare at my engagement ring. "Mrs. Lucile Wallace-Tresvant-Boyd. Babe, all three last names or no?"

"Whatever you want, baby," Luke answers. He stops at a red light before turning to me. "If you want to have all three last names, two last names, one last name you can have it."

"Babe, can we stop at a Walgreens? I wanna pick up some candy." I ask.

"We can stop where ever you want, girl. I don't care. Once you let me put that ring on you, nothing else even matters." He smiles widely.