Chapter 8

“I must tell you, I’m a terrible dancer.” I said to Harry as we sat there staring and admiring the stars. He looked at me for a moment before laughing hard. I looked at him to watch the most amazing thing anyone would ever see in his life; the sight of Harry laughing. He was gorgeous, with his chest vibrating and his eyes tightly shut and his mouth formed to a grin. I grinned and started laughing with him. Not because of what I said, but because of how he looked happy and cheerful. We stopped laughing then Harry spoke.

“Well, I guess I can work on that” He said as he stood up. I sat down feeling lonely after that he got up from beside me. What happened?

“What do you mean?” I said but before I could ask more questions, Harry reached his hand for me to take which I took the pulled me hard that I bumped into his chest. I remembered the first time I hit Harry in his chest like that. It was when I soaked his t-shirt with red sauce and when he pushed me off him and I fell to the ground. I shrugged the memory off my head and looked at Harry; he placed me in front of him then held my right hand in his left one high. He then grabbed my left one and placed it above his right shoulder, and then he put his right arm around me. He looked at me then smirked.

“I’ll teach you how to dance.” He said and I grinned harder than ever. Was he really going to spend his time on teaching me how to dance? “First step; you must position yourself in the right way before dancing.” He said while smiling at me. I smiled back then he spoke again. “Then you’ll have to dance to the music.”

“But there’s no music!” I said and rolled my eyes at him. He chuckled then leaned to my ears.

“Then imagine one.” He whispered in my ears. His low, raspy, deep voice sent shivers and chills down my spine. He started humming a beautiful melody then he started singing.

“Isn't she lovely
Isn't she wonderful
Isn't she precious
Less than one minute old
I never thought through love we'd be
Making one as lovely as she
But isn't she lovely made from love

Isn't she pretty
Truly the angel's best
Boy, I'm so happy
We have been heaven blessed
I can't believe what God has done
Through us he's given life to one
But isn't she lovely made from love

Isn't she lovely
Life and love are the same
Life is Aisha
The meaning of her name
Londie, it could have not been done
Without you who conceived the one
That's so very lovely made from love”

Harry sang beautifully as we moved to the music. His voice was deep and raspy, but at the same time the most beautiful voice I’ve ever heard. It was amazing and angelic. I could listen to him singing for the rest of my life. To my surprise, I was dancing. I can’t say that I was dancing perfectly, but at least I danced. The song came to an end and I was miserable that we pulled back. Harry grabbed my hand and kissed it. I blushed slightly then he bowed. I giggled and then he looked at my blue eyes for a moment or so.

“Your eyes are quite, beautiful.” He said and I blushed even more. He chuckled to himself slightly then I looked at him.

“Thank you, Harry. Actually, your eyes are quite dazzling.” I said then he smiled at me then I looked at the floor.

“Thank you, Anne.” I smiled at the nickname he gave me. Harry tilted my chin up to look at him. He leaned closer then looked at me for a second before kissing me. I felt a fire light up inside my heart and that the previous fireworks started erupting again inside me. When we pulled back, Harry smiled at me and I smiled back for the hundredth time. He held my hand and we started walking in the park, the green grass underneath us and the blue sky above us, the long, old trees surrounding the place. The park was deserted in this time of the night. I and Harry kept running around for a while then we started playing hide and seek. Yes, it was a stupid thing to do as eighteen years old teenagers, but we really enjoyed ourselves. I searched for Harry once and found him hiding behind a big tree. Harry searched for me and he kept searching for a long time because I was following him from behind. I scared him to death when I put my hands on his shoulders and his facial expression was priceless. I kept laughing for what seemed like forever. We spent hours chasing each other until we finally got tired and out of breath. It was already twelve in the morning so I asked Harry to drive me home as I had work in the bakery early in the morning. Harry accepted my request and we started heading towards his car. When we were driving back to my place, Harry kept staring at me. I know he was driving, but he managed looking at me while driving. It was strange, though. Why is he staring? Then I decided to do something. I decided to return him a favor. It was not a favor actually, it was a nightmare. I turned around and caught him looking at me, I smiled at him and he raised an eyebrow.

“What?” He asked.

“Well, I noticed you staring. Come take a picture if you want, it’ll last longer.” I spat at him. Using the same words he used against me the first day we spoke, when he spat these words harshly to me when I was just Annabeth Chase, the nerd. I smirked when I saw his mouth agape and his head tilted to one side in confusion. He turned around and focused on the road, not speaking. I was dancing from the inside, but I didn’t show it. I pissed him off and I knew it. I know I love Harry and everything, but I just couldn’t help myself from saying that to him. It felt like as if I was giving him a taste of his own medicine.

“Well, I can’t help but stare at your perfection.” Harry said and this time, I was the one with the gaped mouth. Perfection? Really? What the hell is he talking about?

Perfection?” I asked, with wide eyes. I laughed a bit at how stupid I am. Of course he’s just making a sassy reply to what I said. Nothing more.

“Yes. You are somehow, perfect. I wonder how I haven’t ever noticed you before in school, though.” Harry said and I almost chocked on my non-existing drink. Maybe you were too busy harassing me and hanging around Jennifer and Rose’s gang. I thought to myself.

“Um, I don’t know.” That was all I managed to say. Harry laughed beside me.

“You’re so… Awkward?” He started and I blushed slightly and looked at my lap shyly. “Hey, but I like it, you know.” He continued. I looked up and gave him a week smile. Harry soon parked in front of the building I live in and looked at me.

“Harry, I actually had so much fun tonight. It was amazing of you to do everything you did so, thank you so much.” I said as I looked at him. He smiled then spoke.

“And I also had massive fun with you, Anne. It’s amazing spending time with um, someone like you. So, would you mind coming to my place tomorrow for dinner? I can come pick you up.” He said. Is he inviting me over to his place? Oh my god!

“Sure, I’d love that.” I said as a grin was drawn all over my face. Harry grinned at my response.

“When does your shift end in the bakery?” He asked.

“I guess at four o’clock if we don’t have extra work to do.”

“Well, I’ll come pick you up from the bakery at four then we’ll head to your apartment for you to change into something nice! Then we’ll head to my place at five in the afternoon. We have dinner at seven.” He said. I shot him a smile before accepting and saying my goodbyes.

I got out of his car and waved at him just like the first time when he drove me from school. He drove off and I quickly got inside my apartment. I threw myself over my comfy bed and checked the time. Crap, it was already one in the morning. I changed my clothes and got in bed before I heard my phone ring. Who’s calling me now for heaven’s sake? I quickly checked the caller ID to find it Melina. Shit! I am in deep SHIT!