Chapter 49

Annabeth’s P.O.V.

I got up from the couch then walked over to the bathroom, shutting the door behind me then staring at myself in the mirror. I was extremely pale, nothing different, and the make-up I attempted to put on yesterday was smudged all over my face. Sighing, I washed my face and all the faint lines of mascara down my cheeks due to the over-flow of tears I had yesterday night. Stephanie said that there was a spare toothbrush she always kept and after searching for it for about a minute, I brushed my teeth with it. My hair was a tangled mess above my head, but I couldn’t care less.

“Morning,” Melina greeted once I stepped into the kitchen. I nodded my head, not able to speak a word from the terrible headache I had, and then took a seat on a chair facing the kitchen table, which was topped with plenty of food plates. But to be honest, I didn’t have the appetite to eat a thing at all and had the urge to throw up when I thought about eating anything.

“Hey there Ms. Sensitive,” I propped my elbows on the table then buried my head in my hands, holding my throbbing head carefully.

“I’m not in the mood for any sarcasm Sarah,” I answered, shutting my eyes due to the pain. “Hey Steph do you have any pain killers?”

There was some shuffling then I heard something being placed on the table beside my arm. Opening my eyes and looking up, I saw a glass of water and two aspirin tablets.

“Bottoms up,” Steph joked, placing two dishes in the sink with Sarah by her side pouring what seemed to be orange juice in four slender glasses.

After swallowing the aspirins and drinking the whole glass of water, I rested my back against the back of the chair, sighing and watching as they helped Steph set the table.

“So aren’t you gonna tell us why were you crying yesterday while we were watching a movie about Ninja Assassins?” Sarah asked, stuffing her mouth with bacon. I looked away.

“Ninja have feelings!” Steph quoted me from yesterday, though her tone wasn’t like mine despite her tries.

“I’m seriously leaving if you keep on doing this.” I strictly spoke, sending both of them dagger-eyes. Melina huffed, setting her fork and knife above her plate in annoyance.

“Will you please stop treating us as if we’re the ones who made him go? I’m tired of your attitude Annabeth, why are you acting as if we’re Harry and you want revenge or something?”

“I didn’t treat anyone badly; I didn’t do anything for that matter. If you cannot bear with my moods then I suggest you don’t invite me to any of your sleepovers anymore.” Venom was spitting out of my mouth with every word I spoke, shocking them three.

“Look at yourself, Annabeth, just take a moment and look at yourself. Look at how you’re talking to us, when we’re the ones who want to help you. He left you, why are you grieving yourself over someone who left you anyway?” She was shouting already, her voice so loud that it hurt my head even more. Sarah was shaking her head disapprovingly and Stephanie was eating in silence.