Chapter 35

"I knew better than,
Letting you ruin everything all over again." 

~~~~

"C'mon! Move out of the way for god's sake!" I shouted and heard him laugh from beside me on the passenger's seat. I shot Harry a glare which caused him to laugh even harder. A chuckle escaped my lips then I focused on the road again.

"You're hilarious! I really must video tape you while you're driving through the crowded streets of London." I rolled my eyes and he laughed again.

"Well, it's not my fault that some people are jerks driving very expensive cars." I stated.

A month had passed since the wedding and I grew closer to Harry in a friendly way. I haven't grown any emotional, non-friendly feelings towards him and this is really comforting. Of course Josh would bombard me with questions everyday about Harry but I know he's just being the protective boyfriend he is.

The problem is that Harry acts weirdly whenever he sees me with Josh, but I choose to ignore it. There’s no girl in Harry’s life yet, but I hope he finds one who loves him. I hope him the best, as he's my friend.

"We're here!" Harry announced as soon as I parked outside of his old, huge home.

I've learned that Harry had moved out of his old home as he wanted to live on his own and carry a responsibility in his life. He bought an apartment and worked part time jobs besides attending college to afford living on his own. I guess he didn't want to rely on his dad after all and that’s a change to the better.

"So, are you comfortable with Andrew? You know, as a brother-in-law?" I asked Harry as we walked towards the huge door of their mansion.

Gemma and Andrew married two weeks ago and I was invited to a welcome back dinner in the Styles' home for the couple as they just returned from their honeymoon.

"Yeah, absolutely. Andrew is a really nice guy and he takes good care of Gems. He loves her so much, too." I smiled and the door finally opened, revealing Mrs. Morgan.

"Annabeth! Dear child, long time no see!" She pulled me in a tight embrace and I smiled, hugging her back.

"How are you Mrs. Morgan?" I asked, once we pulled back and entered the house.

"Good, very good indeed. My daughter, Veronica, just gave birth to a beautiful girl called Ella. She's like the spark that lightened up my whole world." Her eyes lit up and I smiled, patting her back.

"Congratulations, Mrs. Morgan. I am really happy for you. Send my recognitions to Veronica." I spoke and she thanked me before Harry guided me over to the living room.

I was greeted by a smiling Gemma and her husband, Andrew. We all hugged before sitting down. I congratulated them both and we talked about their honeymoon in Paris, I've always wanted to go there.

"So Beth, why didn't Josh come with you?" Andrew asked me and I gulped the wine in my mouth before clearing my throat and replying.

"He's very busy as he has a trial today. He sends his greetings, though." They all smiled.

"Well, good luck to him." Gemma spoke and I nodded, smiling at the mention of my man.

"Good evening, everyone." I heard someone from behind and when I turned, I found Harry's dad walking over to us.

I still remember his words to me as if they were spoken yesterday, but I threw them in the back of my mind before standing up to greet him. I must remain polite; the man is older than me anyway. Besides, this was all part of the past and I decided to forget about everything that once happened and focus on the present.