Chapter 46

I opened my eyes slowly, the bright sunlight in the room blinding me but I adapted to it moments later. I looked around me for a minute before my eyes finally fell on him. A smile made its way to my face as I remembered last night’s memories; memories I would never forget.

My legs were tangled with Harry’s and his arms were wrapped around my bare lower torso protectively since midnight when we slept after everything and I couldn’t imagine any better position in the world, though I couldn’t get out of bed due to his tightened hold around me. I slowly and delicately started removing his arm from around me and surprisingly, I was able to place it on the mattress between us without waking him up. Smiling, I watched for a minute his peaceful state while he slept and often let out snores.

After getting out of bed slowly and apprehensively, I ran to the bathroom and quickly wrapped my naked body with a towel then sat on the closed lid of the toilet, running my fingers through messy and tangled hair. Flashbacks of yesterday night flashed in front of my eyes and I found myself smiling at everything and anything I remembered. I got up and walked towards the sink, washed my face then looked at my reflection in the mirror.

My neck was marked with three love bites and my cheeks were shaded with a light shade of red, though my lips were chapped to no end due to our heated sessions yesterday. It wasn’t my first time, but it still felt weird in a nice way. It felt like the first, all the adrenaline rush and excitement, but minus the pain. Butterflies erupted in the pit of my stomach and I felt them do these flips and churns of theirs. My breathing rate was fast with excitement over everything. I am now really with Harry, he’s mine and I’m his, we’re together!

I took a quick shower and somehow, the water felt different falling on my skin. I don’t know how, but I know that something was different about everything this morning; I guess everything around me now felt happier and more cheerful. I stepped out of the tub and dried myself with a towel before stepping in my outfit, which was a pair of checked pajama’s pants and a plain grey shirt. It wasn’t such a bug thing as I don’t really care about my appearance especially when I’m at home around Harry. I brushed my teeth and then combed my hair, leaving it wet and droplets of water falling around from it.

Once I stepped out of the steaming bathroom, I found Harry sitting on the bed’s end only in his briefs his head hung low, but I could just make out a smile defined across his beautiful drawn face, causing one to form on mine too.

“Morning,” I spoke and his head snapped up, looking at me. His eyes found mine and I could see the happiness in them. It has been such a long time since I have seen this kind of look in his eyes, I guess since we were in high school.

“Good morning, you were up early.” I nodded, sitting beside him, though this time I kept no safe distance between the both of us. “Are you alright?” I placed my head on his bare shoulders and instantly felt some of his warmth.

“Never been better,” I honestly answered, the smile never leaving my face. “Are you alright?”

“Never been better,” He repeated my words, causing me to grin childishly at him. “Do you want some breakfast?”

“Actually, I’m starving. So it’d be such a great idea before I eat you alive,” He deeply chuckled before turning his head and looking at me straight in the eyes.

“Anything for you, love,” Then he lowered his head slightly to reach mine and connected our lips together, sending jolts of electricity through my whole body.

***

“So you want two burgers with fries, two colas and one dish of pancakes for desert?” The waiter chirped and I had the urge to roll my eyes at her very cheerful tone, but stopped myself, not wanting to be rude.