Chapter 30

“The moment I saw her, was the moment my heart started beating once more. It’s when I fell in love with her, all over again…”

Annabeth’s P.O.V.

I carried a heavy backpack on my back while Josh pulled the trolley with our entire luggage on it as we were walking out of the airport. I have to admit that I’m beyond happy to be returning to my hometown at last because even if my family is in NY, I felt horribly homesick. Everything I had and still have is in London; my family memories, my home, my friends…etc.

I simply won’t leave all these precious people\things behind me for a silly reason. I am not gonna let anyone stand between me and all my dreams or happiness. And my happiness was being in London and working in the same hospital my parents worked in. I transferred all my papers and CV to them and they accepted me working there without even having to interview me. My guess is my high grades on Medicine school and high school. I worked hard and deserved every thing good happening to me.

“Excited to see your friends, huh?” Josh spoke beside me, probably noticing the wide grin that never left my face since we landed here. I nodded, happily.

“I’m excited to return here to see everything once again.” I replied honestly and Josh placed one arm around me, while pushing the trolley with the other. Wow…

As soon as we exited the airport, I was engulfed in someone’s arms. I smiled as I recognized her as Steph. I hugged her so tight, I think her ribs might be broken, but I just miss her and the others so much!

“Oh my god, I miss you!” She shrieked near my ear and I giggled.

“I miss you even more, jeez!” We pulled back and I giggled again as she muttered a sorry before letting Sarah and Melina hug me.

It was such an amazing feeling seeing my best friends again after two years of skyping. I greeted Niall, Liam, Louis and Zayn with hugs and then we headed to the cars. Melina insisted on driving me with them alone in her car while Josh goes with Liam on his. I chuckled as they both fought.

“Excuse me, but she’s my girlfriend Melina!!” Josh whined and Melina crossed her arms over her chest. Even after five years, Melina didn’t change at all; so stubborn and strict.

“And, she’s my best friend, so what? Besides, we haven’t seen her for two years since we visited you.” Melina snapped. I laughed at their stubbornness before Sarah stepped in.

“Listen to me, Josh. It was really generous of us to keep it a secret that you’ve kidnapped her and forced her to go to NY, so don’t let me crack your neck right now. You’ve been with her every freaking day for the last five years, so don’t be such a clingy bitch right now.”

I laughed harder than ever and Josh threw Sarah a glare. Sarah ignored it and turned towards Mel’s car. “C’mon, Beth.” She yelled and I raised my index finger for her to wait.

“Sorry, baby.” I apologized. “My best friends can sometimes be such bimbos.” I explained as I gave him a bear hug.