Chapter 16

Days pass by really quickly and things, which used to be your life basis, change in a blink of an eye. One day, I was the ordinary Annabeth Chase who got bullied and who was probably the joke of the school and now, I am Annabeth Chase, the school’s most famous and loved girl, even more than Jennifer, the school’s diva. Everything changed in my life and that’s all because I changed the way I look and because I’m friends with Sarah, Melina, Steph and the boys, especially Harry. A lot of guys now pay me more attention and a lot of girls now want to speak to me and when they do, they look like they’ve just met their idol or something. I still remember the day Jennifer and Rose talked to me not as Nerdy Annabeth, but as Beth, the new school’s diva.

Flashback

I walked in the school’s hall earning stares and a few whistles from guys who used to ignore or push me into lockers in the past. Jerks! I reached my locker and stuffed my things in it before grabbing my phone and heading towards the cafeteria. Once there, I grabbed a tray and waited for my turn to come. I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder and I expected it to be Harry as he always do this now, but when I turned around, I saw my worst nightmares; Jennifer and Rose.

“Why, hello there.” I heard Jennifer’s annoying, squeaky voice. I raised an eyebrow at them. Do they know that I am the Annabeth Chase they used to harass? They certainly don’t.

“Can I help you?” I harshly replied, which cause both of them to widen their eyes in shock.

“Uh girl, you don’t talk to us that way!” Rose spoke. You could safely say that Rose was the protector of Jennifer. She never gets nominated for prom queen, never gets the attention Jennifer gets and certainly not that arrogant. I looked at them boredom evident in my eyes.

“Well, I’m Jennifer, but you can call me Jen and she’s Rose!” Jennifer chirped. Like I don’t know who they are; they ruined part of my life. “What’s your name?” She continued and I gulped. I must not tell them who I really am, they’ll spread the word and Harry will know.

“Beth.” I calmly replied.

“Beth! What a lovely name.” Rose commented and I raised both my eyebrows.

“Well, Beth, would you like to come shopping with us today after school?” She asked and I opened my mouth in complete shock.

“Um, I’m sorry, but I have some work to do.” I said and the smiles faded from their faces. They’re probably just asking me to be friends with them right now because I hang around Harry and the boys a lot. They never got rejected and I thought maybe I could torture them a little more. “Plus, I have my own friends and I don’t hang with people like you. Have a nice day.” And with that, I walked away and grabbed my food then headed towards the table we all sit in during lunch break.

End of Flashback

Me, Melina, Sarah and Steph always sit with the five boys. I must admit that I got more popular and loved by most girls of this school because I was close to the boys especially Harry and got popular and fancied by most of the boys because of how I dress and how I style my hair, in general; because of my looks.