Chapter 37

“Your smile can heal,

Your smile can bruise.”

****

I stared out the window at the beautiful sight outside. Dublin is absolutely beautiful with all the wonderful places in it. It was nice changing and travelling somewhere new away from home in London, but I must admit that I miss it even though we’ve been away for three days now. Niall and Steph are rarely seen as they are always together lost somewhere alone by themselves, but we’ll be able to see them today as it’s the wedding day.

I am truly more than excited and happy for the couple, but I can’t deny the little ounce of jealousy I feel in the pit of my stomach. I mean, all my friends are either married or getting married soon, including Sarah and there I am, desperately waiting for Josh to drop to his knees and ask me that question I know the answer for.

It’s strange and complicated, that love thing. You love somebody and he doesn’t love you back, or you love someone who loves you back but doesn’t have the courage to ask you to stay with him forever, though you know he wants to be with you more than anything in his world.

I don’t get it, but I know that someday, I don’t know when, Josh will ask me to be his life-companion and I’ll agree to stay with him till forever. I’ll work on letting this happen sooner, though I don’t know what I will do exactly.

“Sweetie, you ready?” I heard Josh’s voice from the direction of the room’s door then turned my face to look at his lovely one, smiling widely.

“Uh, just give me five more minutes.” He huffed playfully then shut the door swiftly behind him to give me the excess time I needed to get ready.

I stared at my reflection in the huge mirror of my hotel room and smiled, satisfaction washing all over me. I traced my hands over the silky material of my green dress; it fell under my knee with some inches and had only one thick, braided strap holding it to my body as there was no zipper. I loved the dress as well as the color as it wasn’t that lime green I despised but the very dark one.

I fixed my hair which was up in a not-very-tight bun and had some strands falling and sticking to my face as usual then covered my lips in my maroon lipstick. My mascara and eyeliner didn’t need any check up so I just held my bouquet of pure white flowers which had a green ribbon adoring it then opened the door to find Josh waiting patiently outside.

He looked as handsome as always in his black tuxedo and with his jet black hair styled back into a small quiff. I smiled at him before placing a small peck on his rosy lips then locked our arms together; God, how they fit perfectly. We began walking down to Steph’s room and that annoying, but satisfying feeling erupted in the pit of my stomach with each step we took closer.

--

“Oh my God, look at you!” I squeaked loudly before throwing my arms around her and squeezing Stephanie in a very tight hug which probably wrinkled her wedding dress by now.

“Jeez Beth, you’ll ruin my appearance! Calm down.” She scowled, but humor was evident in her tone. I giggled then pulled back, holding my beautiful best friend’s hands in mine, and looking at her with a smile plastered on my face and tears brimming at the corner of my eyes.

“Don’t cry now, Bethie!” She whined then hugged me back again.

“Why does she always have to cry in every wedding?” Melina groaned and I chuckled, pulling back from the tight embrace of mine and Steph’s. She wiped away some tears which started falling from her eyes and I smiled, moving my hand up and down her bare arm.