Chapter 14

I woke up with a severe headache killing me. I hate headaches.

I entered the bathroom and splashed my face with water several times then brushed my teeth. I sure was never having a shower right now as my apartment was freezing cold because the heater broke and I was sick as hell. I hate headaches and flu. I always used to take care of my health and I never drank before the party, but since the party I have been recovering from my hangover and my sudden flu.

I got inside my kitchen and started making myself breakfast. I cracked two eggs in the pan and waited patiently for them to be cooked. I put two toasts in the toaster.

School has been passing normally the last two weeks, I would hangout with my friends as we took all of our classes together and I’d ditch them and sit beside Harry during the classes me and him both take together. Melina seemed to be annoyed by this action, but she didn’t make any comments about it and I was pleased. We’d sit together at lunch break and talk about everything going on in our lives. Niall and Steph were going to fly to Dublin, Ireland on the weekend after the party’s to meet his family. Steph seemed to be very happy about it and Niall looked even happier. They would sit with us, but lost in their own world as they chatted and laughed about things Niall would tell Steph. I don’t envy them; I just wish I would have this kind of relationship with Harry. We are nothing, but a dating couple or that’s what I call it. Is there even something called a dating couple? No. Are we a couple? No. Do I love him? Yes I do with all my heart and I hope he makes a move as he seems to be liking me? I don’t know. He would always compliment me and talk about random things with me, but he never made a move. I always heard that Harry never settles down with a certain girl, he’d always hang with a girl a couple days before driving her to sleep with him and he’d ditch her later. Will this happen to me too? I absolutely have no idea, but I won’t let it happen because I am not like any of the girls he used to meet. I am nothing like them actually. Is he talking to me and treating me nicely to take advantage of me? What if-

“Oh my god!” I shrieked when I smelt the burnt eggs. I was so lost in my thoughts that I forgot the eggs. I grabbed the pan and screamed when my hands were burnt as the pan was too hot. I grabbed a cloth and held the pan then threw the burnt eggs in the trash before throwing the pan in the sink. I took the toasts out of the toaster before them burn too. I decided on eating jam and toast instead of eggs. I stood on my tip-toes in order to reach the jar of jam in the cabinet. I finally held it, but I suddenly slipped and the jar fell to the floor and smashed to pieces.

“SHIT!” I cursed out loud. What the hell is wrong with me today? I hate it when I have the flu; I hate it more than anything. I got up and was about to grab the broom when I heard the doorbell ring. Who is it now? I tightened my coat which I was wearing around me and headed for the door. The knocking got louder and I was ready to kill whoever was behind it…

“I’m coming for god’s sake!” I opened the door and gasped. Harry was standing in front of me, wearing a black blazer, a red shirt underneath it and his usual black jeans. He looked like a god. No, even Greek gods don’t look this breathtaking. He was smiling at me and in his hands was a… bouquet of flowers? Red flowers? Okay, what’s going on here? I didn’t realize my mouth was hanging open until I closed it.

“Hey.” He faintly said in his deep, raspy voice. “Happy Valentine’s day!” He chirped with a huge grin on his face and handed me the flowers. What? Valentine’s Day? Today? What did I miss? I took the flowers as he was getting nervous by my confused look. I must look horrible right now; slightly opened eyes, tangled hair, pale face and above all, I was wearing my coat above my pajamas which are both soaked with jam right now. I would’ve run if I was him, but there he stood with a smile on his face and a confused stare on mine.