Chapter 18

Annabeth’s POV:

I walked in the empty hall after my last class and headed towards my locker. I opened it and grabbed the things I needed including the Biology book in order to explain the lesson to Harry as he’s coming over today and placed the things I don’t need inside it. Just before I was about to shut the locker, I felt a hand above my shoulder and jumped. I turned around to be greeted by the most shinning, beautiful green eyes in the world.

“Oh my god, Harry, you scared me to death.” I said as I tried catching my breath. He chuckled and I turned around to shut the locker.

“Sorry.” He apologized and I smiled at him.

“So, are you ready for today’s lesson?” I sarcastically said as we both walked, heading towards the parking lot. I don’t have a car and Harry offered giving me a ride as we were both going to my apartment.

“Yes, ma’am.” He joked and I laughed. We finally reached his black SUV; he opened the passenger door for me with a smile on his face and there was one on mine too. I thanked him before jumping in the passenger’s seat. He jogged over to the other side and got inside the car. Once inside, the engine roared to life and he drove away from the school’s parking lot.

“Are you hungry?” He asked and I looked at him.

“Um, a bit. Are you?”

“I’m starving.” He stated which caused me to smile. How could someone have this huge effect on you? I sure as hell don’t know how. “We could grab anything on our way from McDonald’s?” He offered and I nodded while grinning. I loved McDonald’s.

Minutes later, Harry parked outside of Mac and asked me what I wanted before jumping out of the car and going inside to order. I waited patiently inside the car the whole time and my mind wandered around one thing; Ashley Cooper.

I wonder how she is living right now. Is she really crazy as Melina told me or is she just depressed? She always seems to be off when she comes to the bakery and order her cupcake. I don’t know her, but I really want to in order to know what really happened between her and Harry. I guess after all, she could be the answer to all of the questions in my head.

Harry came back with our order in his hands and got inside the car. He handed me mine which was a beef big Mac with fries and a coke. He got himself a Mac Royal with also some fries and coke.

“Smells good, huh?” He asked and I nodded while unfolding the sandwich and taking a huge bite from it. He did the same and we both ate or meals in silence.

“So, what are you planning on wearing to the prom?” He asked while he drove off the parking lot of McDonald’s. I still had my coke in my hands.

“I don’t know. I haven’t shopped for a dress, yet.” I stated.

“Well, you better start now or you’ll miss the best.” He said and I smiled.

“I want to ask you something.” I said. He glanced at me then nodded. I took a deep breath before continuing. “Have you ever had a girlfriend?” I asked and noticed his eyes widen. I wanted to take my question back, but there’s no backing down anymore. He cleared his throat and concentrated on the road.

“Yeah.” He softly spoke, but his gaze was still fixed on the road. I stared at him not knowing what to say next, but the question made its way to my mind.

“What was her name?” I asked before I could stop myself. Harry looked like he has just seen a ghost, but he soon recovered.

“Ash-Ashley.” He stammered. I wasn’t quite shocked because I knew this information before, but what caught me off guard was his expression. What’s wrong? Before I could ask anymore questions, we finally reached the building where I live. Harry parked the car in front of the front door and he turned off the engine.

“We’re here.” He mumbled as he got out, me following. Something about him was off.

“Are you okay?” I asked and he nodded. “Is it because of the questions I just asked? I am sorry-” I continued, but was cut off by him.

“I’m okay, Annabeth. I really am.” He reassured me, but I was sure something about him was strange because he called me by my mane not Anne.

“Okay.” I said and we both stepped inside the elevator.

The ride in the elevator was a bit awkward, but it finally came to an end. I opened the door to my lonely apartment and stepped inside. I wonder what could’ve my parents said if they saw me entering the house with Harry. Would they approve of me bringing him or will they disapprove? I don’t know as they’re not with me. They left me. They’re gone.

“I’ll just change into something comfy and come back, ‘Kay? You stay here.” I smiled at Harry before heading to my room and changing to sweat pants and a normal T-Shirt. I checked my reflection in the mirror and was satisfied that my hair was still looking good and my make up wasn’t smudged. I never sit at home wearing make up and putting my hair down, but Harry’s here and I don’t want to look like a monster.

I got out of my room and headed towards the living room. Once there, I saw Harry facing the wall and holding something in his hands. Uh-Oh, it’s a photo frame.

“What are you doing?” I said which cause him to jump before turning and facing me. I was right, it’s a photo frame. It must be one with my family because this particular wall is covered in photos of me and my family. Memories.

“Um, I was just looking at these photos. Do you mind?” He asked and I shook my head ‘no’. Well, I don’t mind anyone looking at a photo of me and my family, but they ask me about them and I end up crying and they end up pitying me, which is something I really hate.

“A-Are these- um,” He started, but I smiled and nodded, knowing what he was gonna ask about.

“Yeah, those are my parents and my sister Samantha.” I smiled again. I looked at the photo he was holding and felt the tears burning in my eyes. Great, I haven’t even spoken of them and I’m already crying.

The photo brought back an amazing memory. We were all in our swim suits and my father was extending his hand to take the photo and grinning widely at the camera while my mother’s hands were around Dad’s waist and she was kissing his cheek. Samantha was crossing her eyes and I was laughing hard at her. This photo is my favorite as it showed how happy we, as a family, were.

“We were on the beach in New York.” I spoke quietly to Harry, but mostly to myself, remembering the fabulous two weeks we spent there.

“New York?” Harry asked, probably astonished. I smiled and nodded.

“Yeah, I told you before that my father’s sister, my aunt, lives in New York with her American husband. We were visiting her and spent two weeks in New York. We really enjoyed our time there. Sam and I would go to the park beside my aunt’s home and spend the whole day there until they find us and bring us back home. Life was a lot easier back then, you know. All I did in life was play with Samantha or go with Mum and Dad to the hospital they both worked in.” I said and felt some tears rolling down my cheeks. “I just miss them so much. They were always with me and I never thought that I’d live without them for a single moment. They were my whole world, my parents and my best friends. They were everything to me and it’s really hard living without them.” I was sobbing when I finished and I felt Harry arms around me instantly. I kept crying in his warm chest and he moved his hand up and down my back in comfort. I really did feel comfortable with Harry.

“Shh. Everything’s okay.” He whispered to me and I nodded in his chest. “They’re probably in a better place right now, right?” He continued and I stopped crying. I felt his hand under my chin, lifting my face up to meet his eyes. I looked at his dazzling, green eyes and got lost in them.

“You’re so beautiful, Annabeth.” He said and that's when his lips touched mine.

A\N: Hi everyone, sorry for the late update. but I'm really busy with everything. Hope you like the chapter. Bye (:

-NadineXx