Chapter 47

Harry's P.O.V.

"Hey Jack, tell Angeline that I've finished and am leaving. Remind her that she must stay at night with Dr. Mark, okay?" I told Jack who was eating a donut and typing a report on his laptop.

"Sure Harry, have a nice day." I smiled, thinking about my day with Anne; what we would do or say and started making up plans for tonight.

I put on my coat over my blue surgery uniform then grabbed my requirements before heading out of the hospital, only to shiver at the very cold weather. I rubbed my hands together and blew over them to cool down, but it was like trying to light fire in the water; hopeless. I sighed then reached my hand in my pocket and retrieved the car keys.

After getting in the car and turning the heat up, I got out my phone from my bag and turned it on. It said that I had five missed calls and my guess was Anne, but before I could even see who they were from, it started ringing and the ID of the caller was some strange number I've never seen before. I furrowed my brows in confusion then pressed 'answer'.

"Hello?" I spoke, eager to find out who that person was.

"Is this Harry Styles I'm speaking to?" I heard a familiar voice speak from the other line, but couldn't guess who.

"Yes I'm Harry Styles, who am I talking to?"

"I'm Emma Grayson, Annabeth's aunt. Do you perhaps have any vacant time today?" I was confused for two reasons; one was why Anne's aunt was calling me and two was why she asked me that question.

"Er yeah, I actually am free right now."

"Great, I would be expecting you in ten minutes at the café just beside my house; I think you've seen it yesterday?"

"Yeah I know it,"

"Well then, don't be late, it's urgent."

And with that, she hung up without even saying farewells or allowing me to say a thing at all. It was really weird and confusing but I had to go there as she said it was urgent. I didn't know what was going to happen there, but I knew that it was gonna be something important. Annabeth's aunt yesterday showed no emotions towards me and avoided me for almost the whole night. She hasn't spoken a bad thing to me, but I instantly knew that she despised me for a reason.

"Tell me Harry, you work in the same hospital as Beth, am I right?" Mrs. Grayson spoke and I sat my coffee on the table in front of me.

"Uh yeah Mrs. Grayson," I confirmed it, not knowing where this question was leading to.

"Hm and I believe you're her boyfriend now, aren't you?" I didn't know how to answer to that question because we both, I and Annabeth haven't talked about our current state. Actually, we haven't talked about anything at all about that matter.

"We haven't talked about that matter yet; she just confessed her love for me before yesterday." I hesitantly answered, not very comfortable with someone interrogating my love life.

"And you believe her?"

"I beg you're pardon!" What was she talking about? Of course I believed Annabeth.

"You believe that she actually loves you?" She asked with a tone in her voice indicating that she was somehow mocking me.

I furrowed my eyebrows together then looked at her with a questioning look as I fumbled with my fingers, “I believe whatever Annabeth says, ma’am.” I confidently spoke without taking much time to think about it as it was the truth.