Thanks Giving

ANNA

"Isabellianna, wake up!"

I shot up in my bed and looked around. "Who? What?" I asked and the person who startled me out of sleep giggled at me.

Illain was at my bedside, grinning. I raised my eyebrows but fell back into the bed, throwing the blankets over my face. "Let me sleep, Illain." I whined.

She pulled at the covers. "But you went to sleep before all of us and you missed the gift ceremony! I have to open your presents!" She whined right back at me.

"Just give me a few more minutes... hours." I pleaded, burying myself deeper under the blanket.

Illain stopped pulling. "But it's already midday, and they said I have to wait until you're awake to see everything people got you." I could just imagine the pout on her face.

I sighed. "Fine." This girl knew how to push all the right buttons. I threw the blankets off of me and got out of the comfy bed.

"Yay!" She squealed in glee.

"So where are my presents?" I looked around my room, expecting to see a few wrapped gift boxes.

"They're in the lounge room in your hall." She stated and started pulling me out of my bedroom.

"My hall?" I asked.

She nodded. "Yeah, your hall, I share one with my sisters and Mother shares one with Father though they each have one separate. Thor has his own. And you actually have Loki's old hall." She explained. "Every personal hall has a bedroom, guestroom, lounge room, ball room, and bathroom, some halls have different special rooms. Take the Main Hall, it holds the dining room and throne room. The Hall of Science is just a bunch of little rooms with gadgets lying around, I'm only allowed in there when I'm sick."

I tried to take in all the information. Basically what she was saying is that my 'hall' was my apartment in the castle; but my bedroom was already bigger than any space I ever lived in. "I think I understand." I told her.

"Okay, good lets go." She pulled me along with her. I didn't care that I was wearing only my silk gold nightgown. We strolled down the hallway and were met with a door, she opened it for me and we stepped in. I stopped in my tracks. The whole room was filled from top to bottom with fancy boxes wrapped in fancy paper with fancy ribbons.

"Who... Why me?" I asked my eyebrows were raised I looked down at the girl.

There was a frown on her face. "Hmm, this is less than usual," she said looking over all the stuff, and I scoffed. "But let's start unwrapping!" She said and handed me the box that was closest to her.

I sighed and took the gold wrapping paper off of the box. I opened it and pulled out a red and gold dress. I swooned when I felt the fabric. I couldn't focus on it for long before Illain was handing me another box. In it held another dress of another color. "Who are these from?" I asked when I saw that all the boxes like these were stacked on top of each other and wrapped with the same paper.

She grabbed a note that must have been on top of the stack and glanced at it. "Gunter Podson. He says 'a lady as beautiful as you must have a wardrobe to match.'" She read and then handed me the note.

I looked it over and scoffed. I put the dress boxes to the side along with the note. "Give me something from another person." I told her and she nodded looking over the gifts. She handed me a narrow but long box and a note. I read the note.

They say you can talk to animals, let's make you a horse whisperer.

-Fandral

I raised an eyebrow. "Fandral?" I asked.

She took the note from me and looked at it. "Oh, he's apart of the Warriors Three, along with Hogan, and Volstagg. They are among the strongest, bravest warriors on Asgard." She explained.

I nodded and opened the box and stared at what was inside. "What are these?" I raised an eyebrow.

The girl's eyes widened in glee. "Those are reigns! He gave you a horse! Let's go riding, Isabellianna!" She started pulling me out the door.

I chuckled. "But I have all these gifts to open." I gestured at the endless amount of unopened boxes.

She pouted. "But its going to be dark soon and Father won't let me go night riding."

I looked at her sympathetically. I wanted to go riding with her but the curiosity of the gifts was killing me. "We'll go but let me open three more. A big one, a medium one, and a small one." I offered.

She sighed. "Fine." She said sadly. But then her eyes lit up. "Can I pick them out?" She asked and I nodded. She grinned and went searching around the piles of gifts. I saw her struggle to try to pull one over to me and I chuckled and walked over to her. "This is the biggest one." She said breathlessly.

It was a gold and red chest and I wondered what treasures would be inside. I undid the latches and swung the lid up. I pushed the packing hay out of the way and I was speechless when it revealed shiny metal. I pulled it out of the chest and saw it was armor. A steel breastplate which designs matched those of Odin's and Thor's armor. In the chest was the rest of it, including a red cape. I was amazed. There was a simple card at the bottom which read 'Thor'.

Illain had no time for awe, however. She handed me the next box quickly. "It's from Mother" she stated.

I took the box from her and opened it. A gold brush, two silver combs, and diamond encrusted hairpins. I ran my fingers over them. I've never touched real diamonds in my life. I don't know how I could ever thank Frigga.

Illain handed me the next box. "It's the smallest, but it doesn't say who it's from." She informed me.

I took the box, it was a little bigger than a ring box. It wasn't wrapped. It was a dark green and it was velvet so it was soft to the touch. I opened the box and was confused when I saw it held an old silver skeleton key. "What do you think it goes to?" I asked as I ran my fingers over it.

"I don't know but that's the third gift so let's g- hey... that door wasn't there before." She said, surprised. I started to walk over to the door that appeared on the north wall. She stopped me in my tracks. "No no no. You said after the third gift we would go riding. The door will be there when you get back... Maybe." She giggled and started to pull me out of the room, I set the box with the key down on a lounge chair and looked curiously at the door as I was dragged out. "Don't worry no one is allowed in there without you." She assured me.