God's Awakening

ANNA

Many of the books in the chamber were death logs after battles. It helped me learn that a lot of Medjordian's had long first names in place for not having the standard three names that Midgardian's have. In one book I learned they were usually names of various gods and goddesses of Asgard mixed in with part of the mothers name. It made sense, Analisette, Isabellianna. Medjordians were weird, they were loyal to their ruler, the father of Bor. This leader's greatest foe was the fire giants of Muspelheim and Medjordian's volunteered for the fight, together they subdued them, dwindling the giant's numbers drastically. It turns out Medjordians weren't as docile another things portray them.

I found records of the last battle. I found something horrifying. It wasn't the story my mother told me. The story of the Chitauri. How them, and their endless fleets decided to take over the realm. It wasn't the story of the siege that took place millennia ago. They were resisting their king. They were resisting Odin. Him and a woman named Hela were hungry for blood and power. They took as many of their people as they could to a far away moon. Hela destroyed the planet, destroyed the whole tenth realm. Years later a new Odin came forth, he found the remaining few, the grandchildren of the Medjordians he was going to kill. He granted them immunity in the realms, and asked for forgiveness. They did not forget, they tried attacking him in Asgard but they lost and the young were orphaned. Odin took and replaced their memories and put them on earth.

I shut the book and threw it across the room. I was shaking. I tried to calm myself but I couldn't. I needed... I needed Loki.

"Isabellianna!" I opened my eyes and there he was. "I told you not to project until we knew it was safe- what's wrong? The child? How is the child?"

I stumbled over into his arms. "She's fine, Loki. I found out something horrible about Odin."

He sighed. "There are countless bad things about Odin, Darling. Which one did you hear?"

I told him about everything I read. His jaw was clenched tight. "It's not fair, he's a hypocrite when he locks you up now, he was worse than you." I told him solemnly.

His eyes were closed, in thought. "You mustn't tell anyone."

My eyes widened in disbelief. "What?" Loki was the first person I thought would want to take the information and run with it. He could be free right now.

"When the time comes I'll use the information against him so I can rule, but now is not the time." He explained himself. "Promise me you'll keep this between us for now?" He looked into my eyes.

I sighed, so Loki had a plan. "Alright, I can never look at him the same way, he's been lying to my face this whole time."

He nodded. "I know, try not to stress over it, it can't be good for the baby. Go back and find what you're looking for then come and tell me what you find. And don't project, we don't know how it effects her yet." His concerned eyes were on my stomach.

I smiled he started using my pronoun for the baby, not that I knew. I'm able to look at the auras and life signatures of everyone around me but not myself. And since the baby was apart of me at the moment I couldn't see anything on her. "See you soon." I told him then returned to my body. I rubbed my stomach. "You're alright, right?" I asked, of course nothing felt wrong but I waited a moment before going back to reading.

I found a small leather bound book in a dark corner. I opened it and found it was a journal. It belonged to a Medjordian traveller. An account of all her adventures. I flipped through and her adventures had been stalled. She had fallen in love with an Asgardian. She noted it was during the reign of Bor. She blended in with the Asgardians and was able to marry hers. She became pregnant and she wrote all about it. My eyes widened. I clutched the book to my chest. This was what I've been looking for. I ran to the door, it opened for me and closed when I was passed the threshold. Frigga noticed the light in my eyes and smiled.

"Let's go." She told me and I followed after her.

We parted ways after entering the castle. I went down to the dungeons and she went up to her hall. I felt bad for her, though I guess the man she married didn't seem like a killer. Did he take Asgard's memories too? I tried to to think of that and focused on getting to my husband.

The guard on duty let me into Loki's cell, he sat up in his bed hopefully. "You found something?" He asked eagerly.

"Maybe." I opened the book to where I left off and handed it to him. "You tell me."

He took the book from me and read it to himself. I sat down next to him and and waited, trying not to get my hopes up too much. I placed my hand on my stomach absentmindedly.

His hand was over mine after a while and I looked up at him. "They carry the child just as Midgardians and Asgardians... Though their time to carry the child is shorter."

I scrunched my eyebrows. "How short?" I asked I was really big already, am I ready to give birth already?

His eyes scanned the page. "Six months." He smiled leaning down to kiss my cheek. "So three to four months for you to go. You're halfway there." He set the book down. He shifted on the bed and pulled me into his arms. My back was against his chest. His hands were on the sides of my stomach. I let the back of my head rest on his shoulder and he pressed his cheek to mine.

I closed my eyes and melted into his arms. "She's going to be okay. " I whispered. I smiled. "Now we can tell everyone."

He shifted a bit behind me. "Good, I may have already told Ygritte."

I turned around, eyes wide, my jaw dropped and a laugh escaped. His expression was apologetic. "How'd she get it out of you?" I questioned, amused more than angry.

"She has her ways," He said with a grimace. "and people call me a trickster." He chuckled. I laughed with him. In truth he probably told her because he couldn't keep anything from his favorite firey sister. I sighed with a smile. I began to take off my shoes. My husband raised an eyebrow. "You're going to sleep here?" He asked.

"I'm too tired to walk back to my hall. Besides you told me to go to bed hours ago." I smirked. I slipped out of his arms to crawl under the blankets of his bed. He joined me, shortly after. He kissed my temple, my cheek, all the way down to my shoulder and back up. His soft caresses and my exhaustion had me asleep in no time.