Chit Chat

ANNA

I woke up in the morning and turned over in my bed. I pulled the covers over my head, blocking the light from reaching my closed eyelids. I just wanted to sleep for eternity. I buried my face in my pillow, taking a deep breath I was surprised when Loki's scent was strong in my nostrils. I cracked my eyes open. Not my pillow... I pulled the blanket back just a little to peek out... Not my room.

"Good morning, Izbell." The disgraced prince greeted me. "Well, good afternoon now."

I blushed, he was sitting in his chair, a book in his lap and his head bowed, he didn't look up at me once. I replayed what happened last night in my head. We were up late just talking, I remembered telling him I was tired but I didn't feel like traveling all the way up to my room. I guess I dosed off here. I yawned, pulling the blankets down from over my face but still snuggled up in them.

"Good afternoon." I greeted happily, my voice was soft. "Where did you sleep?" I asked curiously.

He finally put the book down and looked over at me. "I didn't." He said simply.

My eyebrows scrunched together, I started to feel bad. "I'm sorr-"

He shook his head. "Its quite alright, you give a good show when you're sleeping." He smirked.

I raised an eyebrow. "Do I now?" I was playing it cool - trying to at least. I wanted to know what I did. What kind of show?

He leaned towards me and nodded. "For one, you move... A lot." He said and before I could say anything he spoke again. "And you talk."

My eyes widened. "What did I say?" I tried to think about what I dreamt about, maybe it would give me some clue as to what I said; but I couldn't remember anything.

"Gibberish mostly." He said unenthusiastically, though his lips were still turned up in a smirk.

"Mostly?" I noted. When he didn't answer I threw the blankets off of me and stood, walking over to the black haired man and glaring over him. "Mostly?" I repeated.

His eyes ran over my figure and I immediately felt uncomfortable, although I was fully clothed. I folded my arms over my chest and bit my lip. I cleared my throat and his eyes met mine once again, I could see now he wasn't going to answer. And now I was self conscious, how did I look, surely my hair was matted, my clothes messy. I groaned. " I'm gonna go take a shower and when I get back you're going to do some talking, mister." I warned him.

"Try not to think of me this time." He smirked.

I felt my face heat up remembering the events that led up to me visiting him in the first place. It's times like these I'm glad my skin naturally has a red undertone. I motioned to a guard for him to let me out and I left in silence.

I walked to my hall quickly, I didn't want anyone to see me, or to stop and talk to me. I got to the bathroom, undressed, and stepped in the shower. I did my best not to think of the fallen prince. My thoughts wandered to the unopened presents still in my lounge room, how they weren't going to be opened anytime soon. I thought about how lazy I'd become, back on Earth I was up before the sun, exercising; I did chores and errands, I was always busy. But I always had a fixed schedule; when to sleep, when to work, when to eat. Food. My stomach growled and I realized how hungry I was, I hadn't eaten since yesterday afternoon and that came back up after my first projection to- nonono. I caught myself before thinking his name.

I groaned and turned the water off. I wrapped a towel around myself, and then my hair. Being naked wasn't safe until I had that projecting thing under control. Luckily, my growling stomach reigned my thoughts back in. I dried my hair, pulling a brush through the green curls and then restrained them in a ponytail. Walking back to my bedroom, I pulled on some black leather pants and a yellow knit sweater. I pulled on my 'standard Asgardian' boots and made my way to the dining hall.

I greeted the cooks in the kitchen, they saw me and went to work on something for me to eat. They were informed on my 'irregular' eating habits, and though they thought not consuming meat was unusual they respected my decision. It was difficult for them, making a meal that didn't have any animal in it; some of the younger cooks liked the challenge, they made my food with a look of determination on their face.

A frizzy haired girl set my food in front of me, pride was all over her features. "Mushroom patty and beans, m'lady."

I smiled at her. "Thank you..." I trailed off, not knowing her name.

"Pippa, miss." She told me.

"Pippa. And please, call me Anna."

She nodded and went back to the kitchen. I sat in peace and silence as I ate. That is until the three Odin dottirs came in, giggling. They immediately gravitated toward me.

"Good afternoon, Isabellianna," Agatha, the eldest greeted. "We haven't seen you all day." She noted, though it came out like an open ended question and her curious expression helped.

"Where have you been?" Illain, the youngest asked outright.

Ygritte sat with a smirk, like she already knew the answer. I eyed her closely as I answered her sisters. "I slept in. I had a long night last night." I said giving them as few details as I possibly could.

"That's right, mother told us you projected for the first time last night." Agatha said, a worried look on her face.

I nodded. "It was horrible."

Illain smiled a small smile. "Well the good news is you probably won't get as sick next time." She assured me.

I raised my eyebrows. "So you guys know magic, too?" I asked.

They all nodded. "Since we don't have strength like father or Thor she taught us how to protect ourselves other ways- Loki included." Ygritte smirked.

"I'm bored!" Illain belted. "Isabellianna, your hair is a mess, let me rebraid it." The small blonde tugged on my hand. I felt my cheeks heat and stared to get up out of my seat.

"Illain! Where are your manners?" Agatha scolded her sister. "Isabellianna is eating."

I shrugged. "No, it's fine, I'm finished." I didn't want to let down the young girl. Immediately after my words were said Pippa was there to silently take away my plate. "Thank you!" I called to her as Illain dragged me away.

The sisters' hall was very colorful, compared to mine which was plain gold. Blues, purples, and pinks peppered their part of the castle. Illain pulled the brush through my hair softly as she and her sisters went over current events. I closed my eyes and listened silently, as they talked about a dress someone wore, who someone was dating, and a party they didn't get to go to. Illain's gentle fingers running through my hair made me relax almost to the point of sleep.

"I heard that when Thor gets back from battle he's going to marry Sif." Illain said sadly.

Ygritte sighed. "I doubt it, you heard the stories he tells of that Midgardian."

"I'm on the side of Sif, she and I were practically raised together until she decided she wanted to be a warrior. She's already like a sister to me." Agatha tutted.

"But Aggie, he loves Jane. He might be a little too dense to realize it now but he loves that girl." Illain argued, stopping her meticulous braiding for a moment. I opened my eyes.

"I want Loki to have a chance at love..." Ygritte trailed off, frowning.

Loki? Love? Could he be capable of such a feeling? Sure he loves his books, and his mom. But for someone else?

Agatha scoffed. "He's already had almost six-" she was cut off by Ygritte sending a horrified stare her way. But it didn't matter. My thoughts were on Loki and I felt my physical eyes close as my astral ones opened in Loki's cage.

"Hello," he greeted delightfully.

"Fuck me," I groaned, putting my head in my hands.