Hang On

ANNA

I have no idea how we ended up like this. I was in Loki's dungeon room, practicing making multiple afterimages of myself. I had made no progress in the month that I had been at it. One minute he was telling me to try and pull my thoughts in two directions to make the projections. It worked. For two seconds. But I was still so excited. I jumped into Loki's arms and and kissed his face all over.

I don't know how we both ended up half naked, him pinning me to his bed. His lips were kissing up and down my neck. My hands were running over his smooth, cool back. My pants were on the floor somewhere next to his shirt. His evident hardness was pressing into me, I moaned and lifted my hips to create more friction. My breathing and heart rate was off the charts. I couldn't believe this was happening. His hands were at the edge of my shirt and slowly creeping up my sides. I did want this right? I ran my hands through his hair, messing up its slicked back appearance. We hadn't let anything get this far since a month ago when he said he didn't want to do anything with me until our wedding night. "Mmm, Loki, wait."

"Yes, Isabellianna?" He whispered out between kisses. 

I shuddered at the sound of my name on his lips, how was he able to do that to me? "What changed?" My voice squeaked out.

He pulled away and looked me in the eyes. "What do you mean?"

I cleared my throat and attempted to speak again. "You wanted to wait before, but now.... this." I nodded down to our entwined bodies.

"You're talking about the marriage? I was half joking about that." He smirked.

My eyebrows scrunched. "Half?" I asked.

"Yes, only half, if you agreed I would have known just how much you trusted me but you have proved that in other ways." He answered with a kiss on my cheek.

I thought for a moment. "So you just wanted to know I trust you?" 

He nodded and looked away from me. "I'm tired of not being believed when I'm actually telling the truth, what's the point of telling the truth at all if no one ever believes me?" He explained.

I was curious. "What's the truth in this instance?" I tilted my head, I pressed my palm against his cheek to turn his head to face mine.

He bent down and kissed my lips. "I love you." His words were almost inaudible.

I froze. "Love?" Such a strong emotion. An emotion that I felt ten times more than the average being, the reason I left Earth, I loved the humans too much. I loved them and then their short existence was over, they would die and so would a little part of me. Love, an emotion Loki seemed incapable of feeling. He loved me? "You love me?"

His green eyes peered back into mine. "Isabellianna, please. Please believe me when I tell you this. I don't know how else I can convince you. It's in everything I do, everything I've done for you. I saw Midgard was killing you, I convinced you to come here and look how happy you are. I have shared with you my magic, my mother made me swear to not share anything she taught me with anyone, but I broke her rule for you. I told Odin a lie when I got here to protect you from being locked in this cell with me. You are the only one I kneel to because you are the only one worthy of my respect and submission. Isabellianna, if you told me you wanted the nine realms in the palm of your hands I would fight in every war just to give you ten." He rested his forehead in the crook of my neck.

I stroked his back. "I don't want the nine realms, Loki."

He shook his head. "Anything, anything you want, you shall have-"

"You, Loki. I want you." I spoke clearly.

He raised his head, his eyes were bright. "Then me you shall have." He bent down and kissed my my bellybutton. His cool lips tickled my skin as his lips dragged down to the waist band of my panties which he caught between his teeth.